• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheel bearings and seals

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
well, a while back i got all retarted and swamped my M35. on the ride home that morning i deffinatley killed one set of rear wheel bearings. this was back in early february. the truck has been sitting since then and i recently decided to fix it up and make it road worthy again. i planned on just taking all the wheel bearings out and greasing any that were salvageable and replacing atleast one set in the rear. well i pulled the front apart and water poured out and the bearings were totally rusted. i wasnt that surprised but i said screw it, this truck is to big to be broken down on the side of the road. im replacing all of the bearings, races and seals. the parts store wanted approximatley $36 for each bearing and $16 for each race. i found a supplier who sells the bearings for $27 and the races for $12.

my problem now is the seals. i know i can get them from a surplus dealer, but the guy at my local napa tells me that with an NSN number he can get me the seals from rockwell. he appearently gets parts for the guys on FT Dix and McGuire A.F.B. from time to time and has done this before. if he can get them then i should be able to find them with out going through him and paying the middle man.

does anyone know where to get aftermarket seals for the 2.5 ton axles?
also does anyone knoe the NSN for the outer rear axle seal? i have the number for the inner one.

devilman96

Napa has no listing for these using the NSN and or Rockwell PN's... I just bought a single set of them to take measurments and cross them, when I took them out of the box I realized it wasnt happening, they are not conventional wheel seals.

If you find something that I've missed please post it for the rest of us but I would be willing to bet a 100$ otherwise.

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
im wondering if a company that deals with truck drivetrain could help. i have one near me that i am going to go see monday. they are called transaxle. if i take them the model number of the axle itself maybe they could find somthing. i know that the hub seals on the spindle are available aftermarket. i just saw them, if you look at them on the usa6x6 page you will see the seals next to a stack of what look like they could possibly be federal mogul boxes. they do not however have any listing for the outer rear seals.

red devils dude

ok here's some number that might help
Inner seal Front axle National oil seal#'s
There is many seals that work here the difference is upgraded designs, but these #'s are all the same size.

don't have the wheel bearing seal #'s.
thanks to ken for these numbers.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mudlord,

I bought my rear seals from John @ TNJ Murray. One quick call and they were at my doorstep in 3 days. He also sent a valve cover gasket to cut the cork piece from. For better or worse, I'm a purist with my vehicles. I also know that the parts fit.

Why don't you want to use a surplus dealer if they have the right parts?

Good luck.

red devils dude

ok just a note the just got through a big disagreement with TNJ Murray I orderd a part they told me
part is X$ and shipping is $15 ok so I send a check the next day a month go'es by no part I call
after 10 calls they just ship another one one week and they call where's the check I sent it two months
ago so I send a copy and done hear from them for a year then last week they call "you owe us money"
I send a copy of the check the mailing receipt and bank's record of the check I'll see what they do next.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, I've ordered quite abit from TNJ. I have always dealt only with John Murray, I've had good luck and enjoy talking with him. Sorry to hear about it, hope it gets squared away.

I've had some real bad luck with Berg Tire and Boyce, it happens to all of us. I know others here do alot of business with both and have good things to say about both. But, I will never deal either one again!

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
i really dont have a problem going through a surplus dealer, im just trying to find other options and cheaper options. when you have to replace 10 seals at $12+ it adds up fast. i prolly will just end up ordering them from a dealer, but my thing is, they have to get them from somebody and so does the government, so some company has to be producing these seals.

i have dealt with murrays before. they are great. i never ordered anything from them, i always just drove down and got my stuff. i usually deal with jerry if i can. hes a great dude. he always hooks me up with a good deal. everytime i go there i usually spend an hour or so just chattin with him about guns and killing terrorists

red devils dude

Desert Deuce said:
I've had some real bad luck with Berg Tire and Boyce, it happens to all of us. I know others here do alot of business with both and have good things to say about both. But, I will never deal either one again!
I got burned by Berg Tire too :evil:

jasonjc

Deuceman51
If you find any of the number please let me know I'm going to be starting on one of my M135's soon and can use all the help I can get
Thank's Jason

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks