• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1/48 Scale Model U.S.S. Saratoga

Dirt71

The guy who did all the metal work on my tractor has been working building this 1/48 scale model of the U.S.S. Saratoga. As you look at the pictures keep in mind that it is all hand made. We rolled it out today and sand blasted the hull which is all I could do with my machine as it would tear up the detailed work on the upper and lower decks. We will use a smaller pot with a lot less pressure to clean the rest to clean he rest.

Attachments

dittle

Holy crap, that thing is awesome [thumbzup]. Make sure to pass on my compliments to the guy next time you see him.

cornrichard

That is one of the coolest things that I have ever seen! Please, Please keep the pictures coming and let us know what he plans to do with it. Awesome.

saddamsnightmare

March 28th, 2010.

Did he build it to float? and what kind of propulsion system does it, or will it have? There are guys out there that build scale models of battleships in about this size for radio and/or human control, and frequently they fit them with shotun barrels to use black powder cartridges.....:shock:
Anchors Aweigh!

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:p

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto:What they said!

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Oh no the sink'in 60 from Dixie ! I spent my last year in the Navy on the port side aft sponson , lox pad, in picture7. One of the reasons I got out. Great work!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks