• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1/48 Scale Model U.S.S. Saratoga

gunner01

WOW is the only statement that comes to mind. he is amazing to detail. tell him I will trade my Deuce for it when it is done

Dirt71

I'm sadden to say Mr. Hyde may not be with us very much longer. So myself and other people around the shop have got involved to do what we can to help finish this project of his. My friend next door who has a real body shop put the ship in his booth and painted the gray and black and the deck. There is still touch up to do on the elevators and rear deck section. Mr. Hyde is still involved, but he is only good for a couple of hours a day. Although he was there for about 6 hours today. He was pretty excited about mounting the ship on the trailer and installing the deck.

Attachments

gerrykan

Dirt71,
I am saddened to hear of Mr. Hyde's ill health.
I was very impressed by his model when you first posted pictures of it.
Please give him my regards to his accomplishment.
Good to know he has such good friends as you and the others helping him with this.

Last edited:

Dirt71

Finally an update. The Sara is just about ready to hit the high sea's. It's going to be in the opening of the beaches parade on April 17th at Jax. Beach. Sadly Ken's condition is starting to deteriorate, he will be greatly missed by all that have known him. I for one am honored to have known him and to have been able to play a part in helping him complete the USS Saratoga.:beer:

Attachments

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
this is one of the coolest things i have seen. You guys are also super troops fpr helping the gentlemen with his project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks