• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ROLL CALL: "West Texas Detachment" Identify Yourselves, Please.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ATTENTION West Texas Detachment and any others interested:

Announcement:

The Downtown San Angelo, Inc. business association Parade-Guy has informed me that this year they will be organizing a PATRIOTS PARADE for Saturday July 3rd. As I understand at this point, it will be an precurser to the evening 4th of July POPS CONCERT at the River Stage.

Entry will be FREE and ALL are welcome.

Is anyone interested in participating?

Please indicate if you might bring an MV (and what kind) or would like to "ride shotgun" as "Soldier B"... AKA: "Bed-Rider Safety Officer".

I'll pass this information along to them to show support and enthusiasm for this "First Annual" event.... Kinda like, if we build it they will come - - - In this case, if the soldiers show up, then we just might as well go ahead and have a war! rofl

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Way to go, Jeremy!

I suppose I should have mentioned that I'll be rolling "The ARK" (M35A2), also. (Good Lord willing.) Theoretically, I have plenty of time to prep her for "show". By then the righthand mirrors will be on, the brush guard off, and the cab camo'd (even if that's quickie paint job).

Convoy UP :!:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe i qualify also. I live in a crap hole called kermit. (ya, like the frog) so whats next?
Welcome Fletcher!

and a bit more NEWS....

I have offered my deuce to the organizers of the Juneteenth Parade here in San Angelo. Initially, I thought we'd haul some of our local African-American Veterans in the parade... When I explained I was a "white-guy" the Parade Chairman got all excited... Seems they've been wanting to expand the celebration to be more than a Black-Community event and have TOTAL community involvement regardless of ethnic heritage.

Since Juneteen is historically significant to all Texan-Americans I am thrilled to participate.

They will be in touch when the rallying point and times are established.

I understand that ALL are welcome and there is NO ENTRY FEE.

I'll post more details as they become available.

FYI - Mark your calendars:

Juneteenth, Saturday, June 19, 2010

:driver: :jumpin: :driver: :jumpin: :driver:

Westex

Stuart Cox, reporting for duty.
Reside in El Paso. Ranch (small) in Terrell county near Dryden. I live WAAY out here. It's like living in Hawaii, except I'm not surrounded by water, but by sand. Or, put another way, I live in a forest. It's just that the trees are very small.

jeep-Jeep

So you live in the desert .
Welcome .
Way to far for this cowboy to ride a deuce .
its about 600 miles from liberty hill to your neck of the woods .
like your bat being listed as one of your pieces of equipment.
may come in handy where you live .:???:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stuart Cox, reporting for duty.
Reside in El Paso. Ranch (small) in Terrell county near Dryden. I live WAAY out here. It's like living in Hawaii, except I'm not surrounded by water, but by sand. Or, put another way, I live in a forest. It's just that the trees are very small.
Welcome aboard! Looks like I'll be updating the roster soon.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy, I have a ranch west of san antonio in Utopia Tx, but i currently live and work in the safest Border town in Texas Del Rio Tx.
Welcome, Trooper!
If that avatar is what's patroling our border from your Hondo location, we are truely in good hands.
BTW, My son's in-laws are "near" you in Castroville.
Again.... W E L C O M E ! ! !

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ATTENTION West Texas Detachment and any others interested:

Announcement:

The Downtown San Angelo, Inc. business association Parade-Guy has informed me that this year they will be organizing a PATRIOTS PARADE for Saturday July 3rd. As I understand at this point, it will be an precurser to the evening 4th of July POPS CONCERT at the River Stage.

Entry will be FREE and ALL are welcome.

Is anyone interested in participating?

Please indicate if you might bring an MV (and what kind) or would like to "ride shotgun" as "Soldier B"... AKA: "Bed-Rider Safety Officer".

I'll pass this information along to them to show support and enthusiasm for this "First Annual" event.... Kinda like, if we build it they will come - - - In this case, if the soldiers show up, then we just might as well go ahead and have a war! rofl

The PATRIOTS PARADE is almost upon us.

Parade time 1000hrs, Saturday July 3rd 2010.
Formation time: 0900hrs.

I've got a Registration Form and if anyone is interested, we can register individually or as a unit.
Let me know and I can forward the .pdf file to anyone needing it.

Sorry for the somewhat short notice reminder. Dianna and I just returned from a trip to NJ & NYC. Things got pretty hectic here while we were away. We are just now getting it all back under control though.

We will definitely be rolling in this parade with our ARK - M35A2 - and would love to have others along for the ride.

At this time, I have no riders in the Deuce and lots of room.... So if you don't have your own MV, Give me a shout!!! Don't want to leave anyone out :driver:

I'll be submitting my registration on Friday 6/25 if we want to form a UNIT!

CONVOY UP ! ! ! ! ! !

DrFuzzy

I'm a new Deuce owner just 20 miles west of I-35.

1973 AM General M35A2
Liberty Hill, TX (graduated Midland High School 1977).

--Michael "Fuzzy" Mauldin

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm a new Deuce owner just 20 miles west of I-35.

1973 AM General M35A2
Liberty Hill, TX (graduated Midland High School 1977).

--Michael "Fuzzy" Mauldin

Welcome aboard!
If the truck in your avatar is yours, then I'm jealous - Gun Rings are hard to come by.
Will add you to our Detachment roster for future updates.
Best regards,
John

DrFuzzy

Yup, it's all mine. Just got it Friday morning. Next step is to get all the lights working working so I can get it inspected and registered. Trying to decide between "antique", "classic" or "farm truck" registration.

Then I have to decide whether to mount something on the M66 ring.

--Fuzzy

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, it's all mine. Just got it Friday morning. Next step is to get all the lights working working so I can get it inspected and registered. Trying to decide between "antique", "classic" or "farm truck" registration.

Then I have to decide whether to mount something on the M66 ring.

--Fuzzy
Texas also has a tag category: Former Military Vehicle.

Read up on it here in the forums and on the TxDMV website. There are a few restrictions, but not bad.

I run my deuce without license plates - just the bumper numbers - completely legal.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, ANYONE with an interest in "the region" (which is loosely defined as the "wild west" spread out part of Texas/New Mexico) is most welcome!

Simply put... since we are relatively few, and quite far between, we are ALL detached and hence ANY connections are appriciated.

WELCOME !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks