• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ROLL CALL: "West Texas Detachment" Identify Yourselves, Please.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about those of us in Ft Worth on the I-35 Line?

Of course, y'all are welcome also. Once we establish where everyone is from, it'll be easy for us to coordinate get-togethers, find help on road trips, share shipping expenses, and generally try to minimize the percieved distance separating us all.

Anyone on the I-35 Corridor willing to head this way for parades, rallies, trail rides, etc. or just interested in hearing what's happening out here in West Texas can subscribe to this thread and/or present their names and contact info for the roster.

Similarly, any of us "outlanders" may occassionally head east to hook-up with y'all. It's not uncommon "out west" for members to be as muxh as 75-100 miles from the nearest fellow member. At this point, I know of only 5 within a 75 mile radius of my position. And only about 12 within a 150 mile radius.

So....

HOWDY! and Welcome Aboard !

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WTDet ROSTER Update: July 18, 2010

Good morning West Texas Detachment - Steel Soldiers (WTDet) Troops :!::!:

It's good to have so many "detachees" stepping forward for this Roll Call.

I have finally mustered the time to review the individual posts here and re-compile our Roster. The computer that I was previously keeping this (and many other files) on crashed and burned a few weeks ago. The machine has been replaced with a state-of-the-art ASUS Laptop and PuterOps have now been restored. I've come through the priority-based Damage Control Project List to this point. (Also lost our home accounting software, we had backups, but the program "Microsoft Money" is now obsolete and no longer supported by MicroSoft aua:evil:)

So, without further ado..... here are out 16 soldiers.....

ALPHAEBETICAL ROSTER:
bigtoyman, Jeremy Smola, Sweetwater, Nolan County, Texas
DrFuzzy, Michael “Fuzzy” Mauldin, Liberty Hill, Williamson County, Texas
dskchevy, Doug & Diane, Cisco, Eastland, County, Texas
fletcher, _____. Kermit, Winkler County. Texas
jeep-Jeep, Clint, Liberty Hill, Williamson County, Texas
JEpp, Justin Epperson, Barnhart, Irion/Crockett County, Texas
LibTimothy, Timothy, Salado, Bell County, Texas
metallitera, Garrett, Brady, McCulloch County, Texas
nofearnohope, _____, Bryan, Brazos County, Texas
phreatdawg, ____, Midland, Midland, County, Texas
trooper632, _____, Utopia (Hondo ?), Uvalde County, Texas
USAFSS-ColdWarrior, John (& Dianna) Bariou, San Angelo, Tom Green County, Texas
Westex, Stuart Cox, near Dryden, Terrell County, Texas
westexhunt, _____, San Angelo, Tom Green County, Texas
79driver, Kade Watson, Stephenville, Erath County, Texas
820jeep, Bob Bryan, Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas

CUT&PASTE ADDRESS LIST (for PM‘s):

bigtoyman, DrFuzzy, dskchevy, fletcher, jeep-Jeep, JEpp, LibTimothy, metallitera, nofearnohope, phreatdawg, trooper632, USAFSS-ColdWarrior, Westex, westexhunt, 79driver, 820jeep

Please speak up if anyone notices any errors on the list(s). If your entry has blanks that you want filled in, just send me/us the data. This was a manual compilation.

AND... If you are aware of anyone else that might have interest in our Detachment, guide them to this Thread via word-of-mouth, email, or PM and let's get them on the Roster also.

Welcome aboard, everyone:driver:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't see my name on the list?:confused:
I am SOOO sorry - I did mention that it was manually generate - Let's mark this down as HUMAN ERROR.... for which I will expect the fleas of one thousand camels to infest my arm pits.

I shall correct my error ASAP upon my return to "the compound". (home)

Thanks for pointing out my blunder.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good morning West Texas Detachment - Steel Soldiers (WTDet) Troops :!::!:

It's good to have so many "detachees" stepping forward for this Roll Call.

I have finally mustered the time to review the individual posts here and re-compile our Roster. The computer that I was previously keeping this (and many other files) on crashed and burned a few weeks ago. The machine has been replaced with a state-of-the-art ASUS Laptop and PuterOps have now been restored. I've come through the priority-based Damage Control Project List to this point. (Also lost our home accounting software, we had backups, but the program "Microsoft Money" is now obsolete and no longer supported by MicroSoft aua:evil:)

So, without further ado..... here are out 16 soldiers.....

[old list deleted]

Please speak up if anyone notices any errors on the list(s). If your entry has blanks that you want filled in, just send me/us the data. This was a manual compilation.

AND... If you are aware of anyone else that might have interest in our Detachment, guide them to this Thread via word-of-mouth, email, or PM and let's get them on the Roster also.

Welcome aboard, everyone:driver:

Fresh revision below to get colbanister onto the Roster (oops - sorry for the omission, Buddy).

ALPHABETICAL ROSTER:
bigtoyman, Jeremy Smola, Sweetwater, Nolan County, Texas
colbanister, _____, Amarillo, Potter County, Texas
DrFuzzy, Michael “Fuzzy” Mauldin, Liberty Hill, Williamson County, Texas
dskchevy, Doug & Diane, Cisco, Eastland, County, Texas
fletcher, _____. Kermit, Winkler County. Texas
jeep-Jeep, Clint, Liberty Hill, Williamson County, Texas
JEpp, Justin Epperson, Barnhart, Irion/Crockett County, Texas
LibTimothy, Timothy, Salado, Bell County, Texas
metallitera, Garrett, Brady, McCulloch County, Texas
nofearnohope, _____, Bryan, Brazos County, Texas
phreatdawg, ___, Midland, Midland, County, Texas
trooper632, _____, Utopia (Hondo ?), Uvalde County, Texas
USAFSS-ColdWarrior, John (& Dianna) Bariou, San Angelo, Tom Green County, Texas
Westex, Stuart Cox, near Dryden, Terrell County, Texas
westexhunt, _____, San Angelo, Tom Green County, Texas
79driver, Kade Watson, Stephenville, Erath County, Texas
820jeep, Bob Bryan, Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas

CUT&PASTE ADDRESS LIST (for PM‘s):

bigtoyman, colbanister, DrFuzzy, dskchevy, fletcher, jeep-Jeep, JEpp, LibTimothy, metallitera, nofearnohope, phreatdawg, trooper632, USAFSS-ColdWarrior, Westex, westexhunt, 79driver, 820jeep

Maverick1701

Chris tiedemann
I live out here in Memphis, TX...in Hall county

Shoot me a message if y'all are going to be running up hwy287.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris tiedemann
I live out here in Memphis, TX...in Hall county

Shoot me a message if y'all are going to be running up hwy287.
Welcome to the Detachment, Maverick:-D Really appreciate your stepping forward for waypoint duty.

I'll add you to the Detachment Roster for future reference.

I could have used your aid about 18 months ago when I had rental car troubles just down the road from you. A brand new Pontiac G6 (only had 400 miles on it) suddenly couldn't do 22mph. It wasn't a loose gas-cap, and being a Sunday morning, a replacement car or towing was going to be a 4-6 hour wait. I told them I'd drive it in to the airport for an exchange. It took almost an hour, but we made it, and they gave me a 50% discount for the inconvenience. (Considering how much I saved them on the towing charges I thought they were quite kind). BTW: I recommend Enterprise for car rentals.

Maverick1701

Welcome to the Detachment, Maverick:-D Really appreciate your stepping forward for waypoint duty.

I'll add you to the Detachment Roster for future reference.

I could have used your aid about 18 months ago when I had rental car troubles just down the road from you. A brand new Pontiac G6 (only had 400 miles on it) suddenly couldn't do 22mph. It wasn't a loose gas-cap, and being a Sunday morning, a replacement car or towing was going to be a 4-6 hour wait. I told them I'd drive it in to the airport for an exchange. It took almost an hour, but we made it, and they gave me a 50% discount for the inconvenience. (Considering how much I saved them on the towing charges I thought they were quite kind). BTW: I recommend Enterprise for car rentals.
dang....that sounds like a headache.
If I was on the list I would have been more than happy to lend a hand.

If anyone is ever running up or down 287 shoot me a message...Im usually out on the highway trying to nab speeders.

Mandalore

Lubbock, Tx

No MV yet :( thought I had enough saved up for one then my company decides to move the whole **** operation so my MV savings is going to pay off the house so I can hopefully stay here and not have to start all over again in the north.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lubbock, Tx

No MV yet :( thought I had enough saved up for one then my company decides to move the whole **** operation so my MV savings is going to pay off the house so I can hopefully stay here and not have to start all over again in the north.
Welcome Mandalore:!:
You'll also be added with the next update. Would you like your name included in the list?

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
USAFSS-Coldwarrior,

Check your PM's. I have not one, but TWO parade offers in San Angelo in the month of November. They are having a Veterans Day parade. They are also having the 'Hunt for Heroes' parade the Friday BEFORE Thanksgiving.

They are asking for ANY MV's.

I live in Denver and I'll probably be driving one of my M1009's down for the Hunt for Heroes parade. If I could get ANY other participants, it would be appreciated. Plus I MIGHT be able to swing dinner for those with MV's willing to show up for the Hunt for Heroes parade and a chance to meet the wounded warriors.

My name is Jim Waldrep - Denver, Colorado - Military Vehicle Collector of Colorado member and I would GLADLY enter my name on your roles. Granted I don't get down to West Texas but once a year at best to visit my folks in the Baptist Memorial Retirement village. But any time I do, I'd LOVE to hook up with you guys. And if ANY of you ever get any where NEAR Denver, you gotta get in touch.

YO, MAV, I'm probably one of those speeders you've met. Once or twice. I got one going back home LAST NOVEMBER the weekend before Thanksgiving.

My fault, I WAS going too fast. Just trying to get home and not paying enough attention to the speed portion of the drive. Paid the ticket and had ZERO complaints with the officer I dealt with. The folks at the court house were pretty nice as well. But hey, they are TEXANS, what else would I expect?

out...

Maverick1701

USAFSS-Coldwarrior,

Check your PM's. I have not one, but TWO parade offers in San Angelo in the month of November. They are having a Veterans Day parade. They are also having the 'Hunt for Heroes' parade the Friday BEFORE Thanksgiving.

They are asking for ANY MV's.

I live in Denver and I'll probably be driving one of my M1009's down for the Hunt for Heroes parade. If I could get ANY other participants, it would be appreciated. Plus I MIGHT be able to swing dinner for those with MV's willing to show up for the Hunt for Heroes parade and a chance to meet the wounded warriors.

My name is Jim Waldrep - Denver, Colorado - Military Vehicle Collector of Colorado member and I would GLADLY enter my name on your roles. Granted I don't get down to West Texas but once a year at best to visit my folks in the Baptist Memorial Retirement village. But any time I do, I'd LOVE to hook up with you guys. And if ANY of you ever get any where NEAR Denver, you gotta get in touch.

YO, MAV, I'm probably one of those speeders you've met. Once or twice. I got one going back home LAST NOVEMBER the weekend before Thanksgiving.

My fault, I WAS going too fast. Just trying to get home and not paying enough attention to the speed portion of the drive. Paid the ticket and had ZERO complaints with the officer I dealt with. The folks at the court house were pretty nice as well. But hey, they are TEXANS, what else would I expect?

out...

Im will be traveling through cortez and durango next weekened. If you are down that way, let me know and we can grab lunch or something.

Do you have the exact dates in nov? If i have the dates I will be able to give you a for sure yes/no.

IIRC the texas rally is going own nov 6th and 7th.... so depending on the date a lot of us will be down in brian/college station.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Hunt for Heroes parade is on Friday, November 19th, 2010. Last year it started at about 10 am if my memory is correct.

If I have ANY interest from anyone, I'll gladly forward contact info on to my sister and her contact info on to ANYONE who wants to join either of the parades.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
wallew,
I rcvd & replied to PM. Thanks for the heads-up.

Looking forward to the parade and Ride.

You are certainly welcome to post info updates here or notify me via PM and I'll handle the updates.... Your choice.

When we have specifics, we can simply post an eye-catching events Thread and then direct folks to the schedule.

:arrow::arrow::arrow::driver:Convoy UP !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks