• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

euc process

86m1028

Why can they not set it up like buying a gun ????
Here in Texas when I buy a gun its at most a 15 minute ordeal.

I mean seriously (up to 3 MONTHS) for a background check !!!!

You would think GL would push for quicker times, to clear their yards for more to sell.

Just my 2cents.

greenjeepster

Care to explain ?
Your Gun background check is called into the FBI and FBI only. Your EUC background check it through just about any and all government agencies that collect criminal history. FBI, ATF, Homeland Security, TSA, etc, etc, etc.

The first time takes so long because they have to wait for every agency to respond... after that you are on file and they just do random screenings.

If you are one of the "I don't want the government to know ALL my business" types.... EUC is not the way to go ;)

86m1028

Your Gun background check is called into the FBI and FBI only. Your EUC background check it through just about any and all government agencies that collect criminal history. FBI, ATF, Homeland Security, TSA, etc, etc, etc.

The first time takes so long because they have to wait for every agency to respond... after that you are on file and they just do random screenings.

If you are one of the "I don't want the government to know ALL my business" types.... EUC is not the way to go ;)

I prefer the gov to know as little as possible:D but I have nothing to hide.

I just think if you could do a fbi check in under 3 minutes they could approve you in alot less than 90 DAYS (60 business + weekends = almost 90).

I can understand the first one taking longer but why cant they setup a system for repeat buyers ?

Hey velociT where in Texas are you ?

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They do have a system for repeat buyers, that's why it only takes 3-14 days at BC after the first one clears! It's not logical, it's the government!

cleb

I was also told after a year you start from square one. My last one was 2 years ago, and the first one I had done since then (last month) was send to Battle Creek on a Wednesday, and I got my PIF the next Tuesday. 4-5 Business days there, not bad!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I buy quite a bit from GL and most of the time I get my Paid-in-full within 7 days. This last time (event 5068) it's over 3 weeks and counting :-x. Don't know what the problem is. Has anybody got their EUC back for event 5068 or is it just me?

KsM715

My last EUC took nearly 3 weeks at GL before it went to BC. I had no revisions to make they just drug their feet on sending it thru. Once at BC it took 3 days for me to get my paid in full invoice.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My last EUC took nearly 3 weeks at GL before it went to BC. I had no revisions to make they just drug their feet on sending it thru. Once at BC it took 3 days for me to get my paid in full invoice.
Mine went to BC the day I submited it (according to GL's website). It's been at BC this long.

Last edited:

jwaller

They do have a system for repeat buyers, that's why it only takes 3-14 days at BC after the first one clears! It's not logical, it's the government!
I would agree until the last 2 auctions I bought. They have been at bc now for 3 weeks. my 2 previous ones were 3-4 days.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe BC is getting more like certain folks at GL. Some, like Brandi, get the EUC moved through and on to BC in a matter of a day or two, others, like D.S. seem to take a couple of weeks to get it there. So, maybe there are some people who want to 'do it their way' and take their time doing it!

Bear9127

Hi All,

Lurking, Listening, & Learning.

My 1st auction buy in several years, an M105 from sale 5188 sitting at Jacksonville, FL. Was the only bidder on it, so I got it for $150 + $ = $173.

Many thanks to Brandi for helping ( babysitting ) me thru the EUC etc submission, and getting it pushed thru to BC in a timely manner.

Too bad GL is too incompetant to supply all the necessary forms and guide for "correct" EUC form answers. Maybe the gov't doesn't really want to sell their junk.... Who knows.

Flyingvan911

The agencies that supply replies for the EUC should set up 1 of 2 ways to check:

1. One centralized databased that any gov agency can check and see all information at once, it takes 2 or 3 minutes -or-

2. Each agency's database can be searched by name, ss#, etc. The DLA man sits down and checks each agency's site. Process takes 10-15 minutes depending on how many agencies they check. :deadhorse:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks