• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

$50 HMMWV in a crate?

aximony

A similar HMMWV body was sold back in September 2009 for about $3500.

This time around, when the bidding was around $700 someone came along and bid $5200 on all four bodies. They will probably end up on eBay for close to $15,000.

Why is it that people have to hog such deals? Leave some for other. It's like walking by a samples tray at the store and finishing it all as if you were having lunch there.

Alredneck

Banned
That guy who bought them all might be the guy with the frames to go with them!

I was watching these also, GL needs a serious overhaul if not a better replacement nothing they do makes since!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Places like CSI are rebuilding and exporting these. $5,700 for a NOS body is a drop in the bucket for what they sell them for, it's just business. Not everyone bidding on GL is a hobbiest (too bad though).​

TedG

These are M1114 type tubs and are "obsolete" due in part they do not have the ac hole in the rear panel. I think I know where they are going and there is a good chance they will not be resold but built into very nice trucks. Oh, I am not the new owner.

Alredneck

Banned
I was thinking CSI also, they have a bunch of HUMVEEs in all different states of disrepair, to complete running trucks. Some of which are not available to the public. There is a fire dept down in MS that has a bunch of HUMVEEs they are stuck with, and a M113, but can not be resold to the public. DOD doesnt make much since either! We can have this but not that!

papakb

Bodies sold this way are considered class 9 repair parts and therefore don't require an EUC since they aren't technically a vehicle or an MLI list item.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
IMHO, that price was a steal. ALL the other HMMWV parts are cheap on GL, the body is the key to creating a HMMWV. And, what is the going price of a nice HMMWV?

DD

TexAndy

A similar HMMWV body was sold back in September 2009 for about $3500.

This time around, when the bidding was around $700 someone came along and bid $5200 on all four bodies. They will probably end up on eBay for close to $15,000.

Why is it that people have to hog such deals? Leave some for other. It's like walking by a samples tray at the store and finishing it all as if you were having lunch there.
It's an auction. Not a sample table.

If you thought they were worth more than he did, you should have bid on them.

aximony

It's an auction. Not a sample table.

If you thought they were worth more than he did, you should have bid on them.

It's not a matter of worth, it's a matter of courtesy. It's like eBay auctions, the bid on an eBay auction could be increasing by $1 per bidder, then the resident jerk comes along 2 days before the auction ends and decides to bump the bid up to $140 on an item that just an hour earlier closed for $132. That bidder has that sense of selfishness that is at the core of the corruption and moral collapse of today's society. It's as if we live in a jungle and everyone is trying to get his hands on as many worldly possessions as he can.

He certainly didn't have to bump the price all the way up to $5400 on all four bodies, a price that was $2000 higher than they sold for a few months earlier. Not everyone has a spare grand or two.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not a matter of worth, it's a matter of courtesy. It's like eBay auctions, the bid on an eBay auction could be increasing by $1 per bidder, then the resident jerk comes along 2 days before the auction ends and decides to bump the bid up to $140 on an item that just an hour earlier closed for $132. That bidder has that sense of selfishness that is at the core of the corruption and moral collapse of today's society. It's as if we live in a jungle and everyone is trying to get his hands on as many worldly possessions as he can.

He certainly didn't have to bump the price all the way up to $5400 on all four bodies, a price that was $2000 higher than they sold for a few months earlier. Not everyone has a spare grand or two.

LOL - Wow. That bidder has a sense of selfishness? Sounds to me that bidder places a higher value on the bodies than the last person who bid and puts his money where his mouth is. And, as a taxpayer, I don't mind seeing the gov get as much as possible at auction - that's MY money there.

An items VALUE is what the highest bidder is willing to pay. Not only that, maybe flipping those bodies on eBay (if that's the case) is how that guy provides for his family. Who are you to deny him the right to earn a living just because you don't have an extra grand or two?

If you don't like the prices in the MV hobby (one of the cheapest for a motor hobby) try 1/32 scale - it's cheaper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks