• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission Mounts removal

Michael1

I am having a hard time getting to and removing my transmission mounts. Any know of a diagram or know how I can get to them? Thanks!

bcowanwheels

You have to completely remove the entire mount assembly from the back of the transmission. bet the bolts that hold the large steel mount to trans are already loose..... anyway unbolt it from the crossmember completely the put a jack under the trans and lift it up just enough to see room undre the rubber mount then unbolt trans mount from back of the trans case, then you,ll have to tilt the top of the steel mount back towards the crossmember because there 2 large round locating bosses that goes thru the steel mount then you can pull out the assembly, clean up everything, install new rubber mount to it, and assemble it in reverse order. dont forget to use a good grade thread sealer-locker on the bolts that go into the back of the trans because they go completely into the inside of the case & ooil will leak if you dont. contact me if you need more help. done a bunch of them.
bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks