• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who owns a M101?

skark_burmer

If anyone owns a M101 trailer i could use a little help.
I recently won 3 of them and need to get them on a trailer, trying to figure out the best way to do it. .

My flatbed trailer is 20' long and i know i can fit 2 of them end to end, but what to do with the 3rd? I could bring my M1009 to tow the 3rd, but then that would need a second driver and therein lies the problem.

My thought is to tilt the front end up until the back of the trailer is on the ground, then pack them in like fallen domino's.

If someone has a M101 can you tilt it up and see if the tail lights will be squished? Also could you measure the footprint and guestimate if three of them will fit on a 20' platform?

Attachments

KsM715

Just do like the TM says and pull the bolts near where the tongue meet the springs and fold the tongue up. ( Not the bolts near the box that every one pulles to dump)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you upgrade to the crank up landing gear. Or, better yet, hopefully your trailers already have them. Apparently, the M101A3s all have crank up landing gear and they converted some of the A2s to crank up landing gear. I have it on a trailer and I am shocked that I went so long without it. I bought mine from CUCVFAN!

m38inmaine

In order to get 3 on the trailer you will have to stack one. When you get it home find someplace with a forklift or backhoe and have them take it off for you. I have hauled many 101's and the best way is to make some stakes for the pockets and then stack, that way it can't slide around. I'm headed back to DH's next week to get 6 myself. With a 28' trailer I will be stacking 3 on 3.

stellaruthie

My pics are not working,put 1st trailer on backwards,and tip it up as far as it will go,with the tonque in the air,then repeat with trailer #2.Trailer#3 goes on backwards but tonque can stay on bed of trailer or hang slightly off back of 20 footer.Strap em all down good.This worked for me.:-D

skark_burmer

My pics are not working,put 1st trailer on backwards,and tip it up as far as it will go,with the tonque in the air,then repeat with trailer #2.Trailer#3 goes on backwards but tonque can stay on bed of trailer or hang slightly off back of 20 footer.Strap em all down good.This worked for me.:-D
Rockin! Thats what im going to try and do. Thank you very much for the pic.

M38inmaine;
What are the pocket dimensions? I will fab some stakes so i can stack them if i cannot get it to work my way. Better to have them and not need them...

BobH;
These are the 101A2/A3 out of Herlong that closed a few weeks ago. The pic of the CDN is just something i found while searching to give an idea of what i had in mind.

Thanks guys for the help, i'll post some pics of the recovery.

Jeff

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The middle and the front trailer look like they have replacement beds on them. Note the extra support near the stake pockets. Nice score. I just might have to grab a few of the A2s. So many are coming out...

ultim8gamr

These are the 101A2/A3 out of Herlong that closed a few weeks ago.
Jeff
Which Lots did you win? I too won 3 M101A2s in the Herlong auction and am trying to figure out how to get them home. I have a 21ft trailer that I think I can fit all three on by slanting them all.
When are you going for recovery? I'm still waiting on my EUC to clear and seeing as it's my first, I could be waiting a while... I just hope no one has taken any parts from mine (I've read others have had this problem) by the time I am able to retrieve them

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be going this week to get two of them at Herlong...an A2, and A3

ultim8gamr

86humv would you mind checking on the condition of my lots while you are at Herlong? I bid without making it up there to preview and am relying on GL's pictures

ultim8gamr

86humv just curious how the recovery went? Were the GL folks at Herlong helpful and easy to work with? Also I noticed most of the trailers in that event had the H7 classification. Did they seem to be in working order?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks