• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sale cancelled

Preacherboy

Well I just lost 2 trailers out of Indy from event 4943, GL rep says it was cancelled by the DRMS for being there over 70 days. Of course, it took them 13 days just to get to my EUC, then I submitted revisions, and it has been at Battle Creek since 2/4.

My question is this, I also have a truck that is on day 32...what are the chances that it will be cancelled to if they don't clear it in time?

Next question, if the truck gets cancelled should I just give up buying from GL? Needless to say, I am a little frustrated they have had my money for so long.

Preacherboy

I counted it has only been 56 business days since the EUC cleared, but whatever their rules are...it is cancelled! This is a really fun hobby, but apparently GL doesn't want me to take it up.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your questions cannot be answered with any definite answers. Simple as that!

Here's my WAG, 50/50 and maybe.

If anyone else here has a better or absolute answer to his questions, please PM me, I would like to discuss next weeks Lotto numbers.

Last edited:

SixSpeed

Banned
Hmm...that is a little troubling. I know there are a lot of people out there right now who have had EUCs at BC for a long time (myself included).

46 Business days here.

Kohburn

how are they ever going to sell anything to new buyers if it takes 60-70 days the first time for an EUC to clear once they recieve it from GL and they cancel the sale after 70 days?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And that is why it is best to win something small and light that requires an EUC as your first win. Once the paperwork gets to BC, they setup a folder on that individual/entity. Subsequent EUC's within a three to six month period (or thereabouts) they only check the file they already have - if it's good, you are approved within a week. Get your feet wet on something close, or cheap, or small or light, or any combination of the above, then go after the big items!2cents

phil2968

And that is why it is best to win something small and light that requires an EUC as your first win. Once the paperwork gets to BC, they setup a folder on that individual/entity. Subsequent EUC's within a three to six month period (or thereabouts) they only check the file they already have - if it's good, you are approved within a week. Get your feet wet on something close, or cheap, or small or light, or any combination of the above, then go after the big items!2cents

This is a wise man!

Carl_in_NH

Get your feet wet on something close, or cheap, or small or light, or any combination of the above, then go after the big items!2cents
You're on the mark here; I made my first purchase a $400 genset, and three weeks later my first EUC had cleared and the road was paved to purchase a truck.

Trouble is, it varys all over the place how long that first one will take; some get squashed after months, and some take only a couple weeks. There's no method to the madness.

rbeasley66

My first EUC took 47 days from sent to notified on 2 M105 trailers for $310. My second EUC took 5 days on a M35A2 at Ft. Jackson from sent to notified. Now I'm just waiting on the GL rep to get back from training another rep at Ft. Knox. Roadtrip anyone? :driver:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my 1st one was an expensive M36A2 w/winch
the EUC was sent to BC on the afternoon of 12-24
and was approved on Monday 1-5

the next two I did were within 2 or 3 weeks of end of auction.

I think it is just luck of the draw, sometimes they are overloaded sometimes they are not.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Maybe you guys didn't see this:

I counted it has only been 56 business days since the EUC cleared, but whatever their rules are...it is cancelled!
I thought the rules were, you have 2 weeks to pick up your gear. I'd have called off the deal too. Am I reading that right?

namedpipes

I'm waiting on my first EUC for a trailer. If I bid on a Deuce (and win), is it likely to take just as long for the second EUC as for the first or could it take less time since they've completed part of the paperwork? Or will it take twice as long because it defies their logic?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once again, the correct details are whats makes the post useful or useless. :deadhorse:

Preacherboy

Yes, I definately meant it has been less than 60 business days since the EUC went to Battle Creek, i.e. "cleared the GL office after revisions"...sorry for giving off the wrong impression.

I thought starting off buying a couple of trailers would be "easy" to pave the way for a truck. The women I spoke with on the phone didn't seem to care about how long my EUC has been at BC, she seemd to care that the paper work has been lying around for over 70 days. But GL says they have to send off the EUC in 7 days to BC and it took them 13, so 6 of the days are their fault!

The rep said something like, "the sale was cancelled because it doesn't look it will be completed any time soon." Are they lazy or are there just mountains of paperwork?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks