• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy From Canada/Alberta

roxxx

lol Ha you see my avatar my wife thinks the green beasts will be less heh heh

I will ...His handle is Super dave ? any thoughts on legalities on getting a Deuce or two up here from the south ???

wsucougarx

Hi roxxx, good to see more brothers from the North join in. I had the pleasure of vacationing in Alberta last year. Spent 3-4 days in Red Deer then ventured south to check out other areas. I was amazed how beautiful and clean Alberta is! The people were very hospitable and welcoming compared to the grumps over in BC:).

roxxx

Red deer is very close to me. glad to hear you had a good time and enjoyed the country side . big bonus when the local are hospitable it makes a trip that much more fun cough cough no comment on BC :D

Stan Leschert

any thoughts on legalities on getting a Deuce or two up here from the south ???
You need some one with a USA export liscence, and a customs broker. Call Idaho Motor Pool. They can do it, and arrange for you to walk your truck through customs. It won't be as cheap as GL, but as a non-USA citizen, this is one of the best routes. If you want to spend $3K and lawyers fees..... you can do it for a single shipment, but I would not recommend it. Maybe one of the AB club members has an EUC/ export licence, which could save you some bucks.

As for the prarie chickens who were coughing about the left coast..... There is a good stash of green tobacco out here. We use this to keep our politicians too stoned to do serious harm. Maybe we should export some to Red Deer!

Sorry guys, just kidding. I was born in Camrose, and inspite of that, still love the province.

Stan Leschert

Sweet truck!

lol Ha you see my avatar my wife thinks the green beasts will be less heh heh

I will ...His handle is Super dave ? any thoughts on legalities on getting a Deuce or two up here from the south ???
MILITARY TRUCK FOR SALE
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/early-deuce/10695-my-first-deuce.html

This is a great example of a "Better than Factory Rebuild!"

This sweet truck lives not to far away from you, and is an example of the high end of the scale. And he STOLE it. Good job Dave.

Stan Leschert

Here are 2 shots of the Big Green thing in the driveway.
#1 is just after the Olympic Gold Medal Hockey game. My cheerleaders were louder than the air horn.
#2 The beer keg is about to be replaced by a winch.

Soon to come, air ride drivers seat, convoy rotator beacons, 24V MRE heater (gotta have Coffee and munch!) We have 20 parades to do this season, so comfort is required!

Attachments

m109guy

Welcome fellow canuck.

I also found a 1992 Bedford 4x4 any idea's opinions on this truck
Depends on the price. If you can get it cheap, it might be worth it. But parts can be expensive, as most have to be imported from Europe. There seem to be a lot of Bedfords up for sale lately. No idea why they are coming out the wood-work now, but most are pretty expensive. A deuce would generally be less expensive to purchase and maintain. But the Bedford is still a good truck non-the-less.

roxxx

Welcome fellow canuck.

Depends on the price. If you can get it cheap, it might be worth it. But parts can be expensive, as most have to be imported from Europe. There seem to be a lot of Bedfords up for sale lately. No idea why they are coming out the wood-work now, but most are pretty expensive. A deuce would generally be less expensive to purchase and maintain. But the Bedford is still a good truck non-the-less.
Lol hI all and thank you for the warm reception. Just on a warm note We may get snow later today

I am going to talk to a guy today about a Bedford ..... My best guess they come from the battle group games down in Suffield considering I think it is one of the fiew places that are left were they can play

Edit : M109guy thank you for the Canuck link

m109guy

Most all Bedfords in Canada do come from Suffield. It is cheaper to sell them off here, then to ship them back home. Which is all the better for us ;)

Keep us posted on what you get! Just make sure you realize it won't be your last :twisted:

Steamynachos

You can try this guy in BC cariboo6x6.com but you better own a gold mine if you want one of his trucks or some parts. as for the bedford not a bad truck little hard on fuel there is a place in medicine hat that sells parts for them but expect to pay a premium there the only game around as they are close to the base and buy most of the old bedfords.

Last edited:

roxxx

You can try this guy in BC cariboo6x6.com but you better own a gold mine if you want one of his trucks or some parts. as for the bedford not a bad truck little hard on fuel there is a place in medicine hat that sells parts for them but expect to pay a premium there the only game around as they are close to the base and buy most of the old bedfords.
Ah dang I was wondering about that . I Think I may have talked to them in the past . I did a small stint out on the block and was trying to get one before but they were way to high priced down there

I will be going to see the Bedford on the weekend I hope

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks