• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sucessful M101 recovery from Herlong!

100dollarman

Left the shop at 4am---- to Herlong to pu 5 M101s. Wasnt sure how they would load, but they went on the 30' trailer no prob.

1020 miles rd trip!!! Over some of the tallest passes in the west -- one was 8138 elevation! 10mpg on the way back. 2009 Dodge Cummins. Got home at 2:30 this morning--- long day! Now they are unloaded and safe and sound at the shop---[thumbzup]

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be real interested in knowing what the chassis designation is on the green trailer. HMMWV stock but -A2 style axle. Looks like it would probably be the M116A2E1.

papakb

I also picked up an M101A3 from Herlong after a ton of hastles with the civy gate Nazis. What are they keeping in this place? The presidents real birth certificate?

ultim8gamr

What are they keeping in this place? The presidents real birth certificate?

"Sierra Army Depot is a munitions disposal site for the United States Army. It is licensed in California and operated by a civilian contractor working for the U.S. Army. SIAD is engaged in the open burning of munitions, a process that releases many know toxins into the air, including heavy metals, dioxin, PCB, and fiberglass. For more than 30 years, Sierra Army Depot has been exploding and burning millions of pounds of unwanted bombs, bullets, rocket engines and other munitions in open pits. Yearly, more than 53 million pounds of explosives are detonated."

source
Sierra Army Depot (SIAD) / Amedee Airfield

Does anyone else have plans on going to Herlong soon? If so would you be able to check on lots 35, 38 and 108 from event 5165 for me?

Also have any first time EUC submitters been approved yet from this auction?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks