• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hawaii Museum of Military Vehicles HMMV M-113

Ewa Marine

Heres the only 113 in Hawaii...
We have a M901 as well...but our 113 is coming along slowly.
It was damaged in VN by a Glancing RPG round...and the BD is still evident....
We need track pads desperately...
Any one out there know where to find new track pads for a 113???

This track is marked up as a 25th Infantry Division 3/4 Cav track from the tet offensive...as Saber Charlie Three Two.

We are still trying to raise enough money for a replica fifty cal and ACAV stuff for the turrets..
What a nightmare!

Enjoy the pics!

Ewa Marine

So this Marine did pretty good making the ARMY look good is what you are saying huh?...LOL...
WHEN CAN I HAVE A AMTRAC TO PLAY WITH??...
:):)

Ewa Marine

Before shots....prior to taking the 901 turret off...
THis track needed the interior painted too...that part sucked...
BUT...
KIDS LOVE THE APC...omg I cant believe how popular it is!!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have some very nice stuff there! Is it alot of upkeep due to being out in the middle of the ocean? I've seen the trucks from GL out of Hawaii, all cheese holed up. Guess if you can get new stuff when you want there's no need to keep them clean :roll:

Kee up the good work!

DanMartin

I remember driving around the bases there in Honolulu as a kid (Dad was Navy) in the late 70's and seeing hundreds of those things lined up side-to-side along the back roads there at Hickam and Ft. Shafter. I can only assume they were stored there after Vietnam.

Cool to see one running out there in Hawai'i.

Ewa Marine

Will, Yes maint is a bitch....you should see one of the poor beat up M-60A3 we inherited...jeez...
THe rain ****s everything up...
Unless you tarp up the armor its going to get wet inside. Fortunately we are on the driest section of the island...

Dan,
I cant believe that the museum is the only org in Hawaii that has these things too.
I remember units here that had em into the early 90s...

We are the first and ONLY military vehicle museum in the islands. Goal is to keep em all running...The beat up 60A3 is the only one not operable...

we got the 901's, and 578 from DRMO, (SASP) and the 60s and 110A2 from USAR Schofield...

Get this...out of the 7 M60s...the US ARMY didnt even want one for a static display....pathetic...

So I called up the Marines and they took a 60 and a 110 just because!.lol...
we took 2 60s and the 110, and one 60 went to a vet center on the Big Island...the 2 left went to be targets at PTA on the big island...we dragged them out there with our 578!!! M-60s!!!
then we came back to Oahu via LSV and back to the museum....lol...it was a adventure...
A buddy of mine in Hillsboro OR has a 578....at the airport there...Premier jets is the company he runs...Roger is his name..that 578 came from here too...

Good times...
Ill try to get more pictures up so every one can see the junk here...LOL>..

YATYAS, (you aint tracks you aint ****) !
Brad

Stalwart

Were you the group that sold that TOW missle head for $202.00 on eBay? If so, I wanted it in the worst way for my V100 but I couldn't risk getting screwed on shipping (not by you). NICE toys you got there!

Ewa Marine

Stuart,
Yes. that TOW turret is what came off this 113...It was a 113 than modified as a M901...then we took the turret off....to turn it back into the classic...and the other 901 we painted Desert storm.....both run. the museum got them out of DRMO for $150 each...(service fee to SASP)....
Reed Knight from Knights armament bought the thing...Yes shipping is a bitch....there is a M981 turret still...its mounted on a simulator for 981 crews.....ill ask the dude that has it if he would sell it maybe...thats if you still want one....
lol...

Ewa Marine

Stu,
WHy in gods name would you want to mount a HUGE 2300 lb backpack on a V-100 anyways??
Did they have a version that had a 901 TOW turret on one?
Holy crap!

LOL

SF
Brad

Stalwart

Not to my knowledge did they do anything like that. I'm not at all impressed with any of the "stock" V100 turrets, in fact, I'd rather have none on mine and hence I just have a gun ring. I have been looking for a cool turret to purchase, or one I can copy and fab myself. A CVR(W) Fox turret would be nice but I think my wife would miss it if I stole her's. I just thought that little "backpack" would look cool on there. OK, I'm strange . . .

Stalwart

I don't have a recent one. It is sleeping under a thin layer of sawdust between the V100 (80% sripped of paint) and a Alvis Stalwart with a Dingo in the load bay.

I understand they only made about 20 383 Green Civy ones in 1993. They stopped because 3/4 of the people complained they couldn't get it to shine.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks