• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL M151s pulled

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I won the bet! Now pay up Maccus! rofl

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm suprised that it took till this morning to get pulled.

It was fun bidding though!

from GL via email this am
Please note that Lot 6650 and Lot 6651 from Event 5188 were pulled from this Government Liquidation Sales Event by the United States Government. The lots will not be made available again in a future sale.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M151s aren't exactly rare, they are everywhere. It's a shame they didn't get released, but I kinda figured they wouldn't.

For those who have to have a M151A2 TOW FAV jeep, buy a normal one, and call TNJ Murray for the rest, last I checked they had the FAV kits, and they have plenty of TOW stuff, including the hood mounted brackets and the rear pedestal.

Attachments

Last edited:

Green_gator

Surprising, kind of like when they pulled the two pallets of new 5 gallon scepter cans Monday morning that were for sale in Alabama. I am still betting that those show up in Surplus on Demand!

Ewa Marine

I am a museum and in the fed donation program and all that BS...
WE cant even draw a 151...
HOWEVER...
WE did tow one home from a Marine Base with a tow strap because it was off the books...its here today because we acted and the Marine that made the hook up did so because he knew what would happen to it if it stayed on the base....
(shot up or smooshed)...

Takes balls to do that...and save a piece of history.

OOORAh.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
WE cant even draw a 151...
HOWEVER...
WE did tow one home from a Marine Base with a tow strap because it was off the books...its here today because we acted and the Marine that made the hook up did so because he knew what would happen to it if it stayed on the base....
(shot up or smooshed)...
Takes balls to do that...and save a piece of history.
OOORAh.

Sir...I know you mean well and have the best of intentions...but I caution against posting things like this.
I'm just afraid that some bean counter will not see things the same way we do and get you and that Marine in a world of poop.

Just because a vehicle (or anything else) is not "on anyones books" doesn't make it free game.
There is a way (or was...don't know about now) to receive some things as "Range Scrap and Residue" at no cost to the government...with a paper trail.

We all hate to see an MV go to its death or waste away in a field or shot up on a range but that is better than getting ourselves in deep Kimche:roll:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they would have been released the best thing to do would have been to strip them to the tubs then document the destruction of the rusty tub (cause you know sooner or later they were going to come for them). Then look for a legally released tub and use the parts to rebuild it.

DicedDeuceMan

I figured they would let you win them - then have them cut in half on pickup.:(
They never changed the demi issue on these, Ive welded a few back together. Who ever would have won, would have bought 4 expensive pieces of a mutt. Criss cross or straight down the center and across. also a arms...

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll bet they still relist them. You won't know it though because they will be in those big piles of scrap you see on the GL lot. Win a few of the scrap contracts from that area and you may get lucky. Don't know what you'd do with a crushed and or shredded M151 though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks