• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic Head leaking need advice!

airmech3839

I have been looking at the TM for the IP and have not found a breakdown of the Hydraulic head... Mine is leaking at the area under nuts where the 6 lines attach at the top. I am wondering if I have to replace the whole Hydraulic head or can I just replace some o-rings... I drive this truck everyday and she is taking in air that has to be removed every 35 miles or so....after running about 15 miles she starts to hesitate evry so slightly and I know I have to pull over and shut down and get the air out. When I stop she is leaving a small puddle under the IP. I would say 5-10 drops a second have not actually counted. but it is getting annoying and I need to fix it so I dont have to put a drip pan under it as soon as I stop... any advice on how to cure my problem please chime in... I really need it!! I am reluctant to try and snugg lines or loossen then tighten for fear of making it worse without knowing if it can be fixed right away without $$$$ parts... I will post a pic tonight after I get home from work.

Tracy

Earth

You'll need to be specific on where your "leak" is. At the nuts? There really isn't an "under nuts." The six lines attach at the top of the HH-compression fittings no O rings, and the HH attaches to the IP body by 4 bolts and it does have O rings. If they where bad your leaky fuel would be coming out at the bottom of the HH. If its at the nuts, they need tightening.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to the TM 9-2910-226-34 Injector Pump Manual, the Hydrolic Head itself is non repairable. The only seals are the large o-rings between the head and the pump. The injectors lines are compression fittings.

Attachments

Strykerboy

i have the sorta the same problem but im just gona replace the whole injection pump along with the lines and injectors..... mine ate to much bad fuel and water and the list go''s on and on and on...

airmech3839

well it seems to be leaking from the center of the head at the bolt. lines are all snugg and it looks as if a new head may be in order... then once I have replaced my head maybe I can think....hehehehehe....oh I kill me..... oh well at least here are some pictures. i degreased area and dried off and ran the truck a minute to see if I could issolate the problem.

Looks like I have a few lines on the IP that need replacing too....

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you get your head on straight!:razz:

G-Force

Airmech,
I read in a post once from Cranetruck that that nut has to be torqued.
Pull it out and make sure the surface is clean and then reinstall and tighten. I'll look and see if I can find the torque spec for it.

G-Force

Correction,
There is a copper gasket underneath that hex head plug.
I cannot find the torque spec on it yet so I'd pull it clean it and reinstall and tighten....or better yet see if you can find a new copper gasket.....

airmech3839

Thanks G-force....It looks like that is a crushable seal like on ignitors at work...may see if it is the same size or just get a new Head..... been wanting to get a better looking one for awhile now.... hehehehe

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe, just try a new haircut or a different barber?:p

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a copy of the entire manual? It would make a great addition to my manual collection. You can never have too much reading material.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting. If you open that picture in a new window, you'll see two pages.

The bottom of that page shows issued 1952(when did the multi-fuel come out)?

Also it shows no FDC.

And last, the Hydraulic head looks visually different than a HH on my trucks.

Earth

It sure looks like two of the injector lines are moist. If your truck runs okay, fix the leaks and it will run better. Or fix the leaks anyways before you buy another HH.

G-Force

Yeah doghead, I uploaded two pages from the manual. I got the manual off the AMBAC (American Bosch) website. I'll upload it on this thread for you Warthog. they have several injection pumps listed on this manual. And yes, the manual is older tham me and probably you too DH........Now Wreckerman and Poppabear...well i don't know about that......I have the manual on my work computer so I'll post it here Monday if I don't get swamped at work with phone calls......Hey Airmech...did it stop leaking????

airmech3839

still leaks... lines wont tighten anymore and I tried loosening then retightening... I am afraid I will snap a line or round the b nut... I have a line on some injectors and a head just need some new lines and I will change them all out...

Tracy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks