• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kassel TFK-250 Field Kitchen

elrubio

Tfk 250

How did you guy's make out with your Kaercher Field Kitchens.
Still trying to find some english manuals and parts.
Also trying to find out how much they went for a the gov-auctions when they sold.
Does anyone know how many where sold in total here to the Navy?

thanks for all the info

wb5do

We had to make a part for the air regulator on one of the burners and all 4 are working :beer:

Cooked some hotdogs on it worked well and planing a gumbo or stew cooking in the further :razz:

A propane torch makes lighting the burners a snap if you don't preheat the preheater it tends not to want to light unless you warm it up a little with the torch

If you find one at surplus property it should cost about 3K to 6k depending on what it cost new 2cents

Having compressed air hangndy when lighting it up is handy the presser drops till they get burning good Then it stays Steady

Hope you get yours going

Dan

gerrykan

A 'Now & Then' comparison.

The first image is a screenshot from the video MWMULES posted on page 2 of this thread.
The second image is a photograph taken during WW2 of a Luftwaffe antiaircraft battery crew.
The mess kit and the meal appear the same.

Attachments

elrubio

So far i found spares hard to find - I have 3 TFK250 I found in California - trying to set up a little buisness for my son to sell food on fairs etc. Spares in Germany are hard to find on the web. I do have German Manuals thanks to one of our members ! -Thank you so much - but love to have a english one as well - i may try Kaercher in Germany and see if I can get one from them. As to my first question I just wanted to know what you guy's paid when you got yours from the auction - once I found the manuals in english I will send them out to you guy's ASAP - as I am planning a trip to Germany this Summer. Cheers

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got off the phone with Ed at Aspen Water. He's going to get me contact info for Karcher (Kassel?) in Germany.

They do MILLIONS of dollars worth of business with them every year. Currently they are supplying African troops with these TFK-250's from Germany for UN duty.

I will post more after I get his emails.

Last edited:

Madmedic

Been talking wiht MWMULES about their trailer & the one I just purchased. As promised, here are the 1st picts. Will have to do a repair job on the roof section. Also plan on doing a top to bottom cleaning, have professionals check out the brake system, plus PMCS on all "trailer" portions as necessary. After that I plan to do a repaint, keeping the camo pattern and USMC/USN markings.IMG_0202.jpgIMG_0201.jpgIMG_0203.jpgIMG_0204.jpgIMG_0206.jpgIMG_0207.jpgIMG_0208.jpgIMG_0209.jpgIMG_0210.jpgIMG_0214.jpg

Another Ahab

A 'Now & Then' comparison.

The first image is a screenshot from the video MWMULES posted on page 2 of this thread.
The second image is a photograph taken during WW2 of a Luftwaffe antiaircraft battery crew.
The mess kit and the meal appear the same.
Someone wise once (maybe twice) said:

- "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Madmedic glad you got it home OK. Our trailers are brothers yours is 08637 mine is 08635. If it warms up tomorrow I'll try and get pic's of how I fixed my roof. How are the burners on yours, will they hold pressure?

KaiserM109

Dan you are better off converting the burners to propane or seeing if a MBU will work. …
I have an MKT-85 that came with no burners. I got a lot of 4 working M-1 gasoline burners and parts for 3 more. I took the best M-1 and cranked it up in the back yard. After using Coleman stoves and lanterns for years, these scare the bejeebers out of me. I was in the process of converting some of my parts to propane, using parts from a turkey cooker. I wanted to use the original burners instead of buying new ones, so I set about reading and experimenting. My goal was to cheaply convert an M-1 burner to propane. Here’s what I found:

1. A turkey cooker does not put out nearly as many BTUs as the M-1 burner does. I measured it by seeing how long it takes to boil 4 gal. of water in one of the big pots out of my field kitchen.
  2. Plain unpainted regulators are 3 PSI; red painted ones, like the one I stole from a turkey cooker, are 10 PSI (possibly more).
  3. The M-1 burner with the orifice drilled out to 1/16 inch and a 10 PSI regulator will put out more than a turkey cooker, but less than an M-1.

I was in the process of drilling out the burner itself when we moved and I didn’t get back to the project. Now you’ve gotten me interested, so I will dig the project out and continue the research.

319cssb

Did anyone get a contact from Germany for parts? I have not seen any for sale , so I'm wondering how much they go for?

Madmedic

What parts are you looking for? I made a half assed attempt to contact the manufacturer when I first got ours, looking for a replacement top. Got no where, and decided to have one custom made. Was not exact, and was not cheap. I can only imagine things haven't changed. Hey MWMULES, just saw your post from 2014, about us having consecutive serial #'s. Small world.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Try looking on German sites(ebay) and use Kärcher TFK 250, Feldküche, Gulaschkanone in search. Shipping will cost an arm & a leg.

Madmedic just sold mine to a guy in Vermont about 2 months ago. Now have a MFK set.

319cssb

Madmedic I'm looking for the landing gear and the cover doors that are on the corners of the trailer . Also need to replace the hose that connects to the pressure cooker

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks