• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Kassel TFK-250 Field Kitchen

drcrw

I have a Kassel KFT-250 in great condition, however I need a burner for one of the units. I also need to find an operation manual and/or parts list.
Actually I believe the diafram in the burner needs replaced but I want a spare or two just in case.
Can someone out there steer me in the right direction? I also have a 1990 MKT-85 and could use a manual for that also.
I am a newbie to this site and am still trying to learn my way around so I hope I can find my way to any answers that may come through
Thank you all in advance.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MKT manual is available in the resources section. Same manual for all the MKT's from the -75 model all the way to the MKT-I. The Kassel is German manufacture, so you will have to look there to find manuals and parts sources. We are a very visual group, so you need to post pictures of your equipment. Lots of MKT owners here, you may be the first Kassel KFT-250!

drcrw

Mike, thank you for the info! My unit is a 1990 TFK-250. I love it.
I am still having difficulty navigating this site so your feedback was very helpful
The unit was originally a USN unit and is in near new condition with all the canvas intact and in very good condition with all the accessories. I just bought it and haven't fired it up yet. that is why I am looking for an operation manual.:-D

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
drcrw I just got a Karcher TFK-250 also and have yet to pick it up. What size vehicle do you use to haul it around with? Mine came with the manuals but are in German. I have a friend that will translate the critical parts of it when I get it up here. Thanks in advance. Jim

Attachments

Wolf.Dose

The Kaercher TFK 250 is a trailer of about 1500 kg weight with an inertia brake to be towed behind (in Germany) behind the DB508D or Unimog U1300 as a minimum vehicle. The chassis is made by Hahn, as far as I remember. The maker does not exist any more. The chassis have been built in Sinsheim.
TFK means Taktische Feldkueche (Tactical field kitchen), 250 stand for 250 persons which can be served from this field kitchen.
Kaercher is located in Winnenden close to Stuttgart. You can order parts there.
For the German Army they were built from 1985 until 1992, number was approximately 5812 units.
Of course, for a German equipment, the manuals are in German. And everything is metric on them. Even the rims can not be replaced by any US parts..
The burners are of a multi fuel type.
Wolf

wb5do

Just got a tfk 250 and looking for burner parts and manuals can any one help me

Danny Ozbirn Pisgah Community VFD

:lost:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Dan you are better off converting the burners to propane or seeing if a MBU will work. I just used mine this week end with converted propane. Also post some pictures of yours. Not many over here in the US. PS the large cookers are a bugger to use without the proper instructions and can blow like a boiler, the rear ones and ovens no problems just put in a fire and go. I will get you some pictures of the converted burners. If your burner does not hold air the regulator block is bad and the entire burner has to be sent back to Germany for repair. Also pulling it behind a M880 was only done for 10 miles at a max speed of 45. You will need a dualie or a duce.

Attachments

Last edited:

wb5do

Propane Converson

I have 3 burners doing ok on Kerosene but one is broken the propane conversion sounds Ike the way to go . what kind of burners did you use and where did you get them The safety unit is leaking air in the broken one . I think the cost of fixing it may be too much We are going to try some cooking in the next week or so i will try to post some pictures then Thanks for the Information

Dan [thumbzup]

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
When I got mine 3 of the burners smelled like they had paint thinner in them and all 3 had ate-up diaphragms. Only 1 works so I had to convert. I used a cheapo burner turkey burner gutted from wally world and a bigger one from Northern Brewers. The smaller one works fine. Send SCSG-G4 and PM to get his address send him a thumb drive has he has copied the Manuals (in German). PM me you email address and I can send you the English Burner manual in PDF.

Attachments

wb5do

Here is my Email

Ok wb5do@ham-club.org is my email Thanks for the manual copy

The Turkey Cooker from Wallyworld sounds like a plan. I will check it out my next trip. I got a parts list from the burner manufacturer's website and have sent them an email about the cost. The Wallyworld burner price may be a lot better than the factory part. I will let you know.

Thank you for all your help.

Danny, Pisgah VFD :jumpin:

elrubio

Tfk250

Hi
I just got 3 of the TFK250 in various condition - none is complete.
Love to know what exact model gas burner is being used - due to
BTU output and lenght of shaft. Also love to get my hands on a German
or English Manual if possible - any help would be great. Trying to source
some spares right now in Germany and will let you guy know how I make
out. Out of interest how much where they sold for in the Gov/Disposal side?
and how many where bought by the US Army/Navy? mine are 1990/91 Vintage
never used but not complete - have paperwork showing they came to the US in
1996. Any info would be great for all of us and i love to share as I find out more.

Thanks all

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Get a hold of SCSG-G4 and send him a thumb drive as he scanned my German manuals into pdf. I got mine for 1k with cooking tools, BII, manuals and 4 burners. Mine was an ex US Navy that came via GSA in Arkansas. There are a lot of sites for them over seas as Feldkueche / Gulaschkanone.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H4mXalDDUQ[/media]

elrubio

Tfk250

Thanks - I send him a request.
$1000 is a good deal - is that what you paid at the Auction? or a private deal?
still looking for one more - so if you know of more for sale please let me know.

wb5do

Attachments

elrubio

Tfk250

If anyone is converting to gas and does not need the Diesel Burners anymore please let me know - I am intrested in buying them of you - also looking for 2 OEM Funnels to top up the Diesel. If anyone has OEM spares for sale please let me know - looking for Tool Kit, Kitchen Acces. etc etc
Thank you !:lol:

wb5do

looking for 2 OEM Funnels to top up the Diesel. If anyone has OEM spares for sale please let me know - looking for Tool Kit, Kitchen Acces. etc etc

thees people might help Aspen CFK-250M they are a us suppler for the unit

Dan
[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks