• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G749 preservation

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mr. AA you have the kindest way with words. We Thank You. The great thing about hooking in with the MVPA folks was enjoying all the experience they had to offer.

From the Dennis B's to the 350 M37 kids, the dog-tag maker, to the hosts of the Whitecourt Airshow that filled the fuel tanks of around 100 vehicles in 2012, to the families that are the hope to carry the hobby forward.......MV collectors and preservationists are some fine folk. Fine folk are fun to be around and when they're not around anymore, they can be absolutely sure, we think of them and are better because of them. From Johnny M who taught me how to convoy, New Yorker Gary Zito, Hap B., to Robert G, each one of them made life better. Robert was part of the 70's and 80's gang that hit the auctions, brought home the gold and saved it for another generation. The Cliff Carbols, Hank and Andy Lopo gang and a few others are still around doing it so we can still tell them how much we appreciate their collection efforts.

I guess this is the Early Deuce forum so saving some pics here makes perfect sense. Robert got to hang around the largest of the large, the pole truck. Whether pulling parts, drilling holes or picking up deuces with deuces, these people had some fun. We salute the pioneers of Early Deuce Preservation.

P4172168.JPGP4172169.JPGP4172170.JPGP4172171.JPGP4172173.JPGP4172172.JPGP4172174.JPGP4172175.JPGP4172176.JPG

Thanks to others who hustle to save some history in museums and DM over at CMV for the pics, we can still see a museum piece.

Pole truck.jpgpoletruckrr.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks