• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

Lex_Ordo

Let us post pics of our Military Trailers to show the different designs, colors, and how you tow them.

1st, the pics.
2nd, model and year
3rd, Country
4th, Do you tow using a military vehicle only, or a both a military vehicle and a civilian vehicle?

It will give prospective owners ideas of what is out there, and what is sensible for their needs, and physical sizes.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
K38 telephone lineman's trailer 1944
USA
tow with M38a1 , makes a good hot dog cart
M101 3/4 ton Frame with S250 shelter, just temp to get it home towed with M885 and civi Toyota

Attachments

Last edited:

Lex_Ordo

-M101 CDN2 1/4 ton cargo trailer, 2 Wheels, approximately 775 lbs.
-Country of Origin: Canada.

I tow it behind a USGI M35A2, Duece & 1/2 as well as behind a Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited.
However I need to move the lunette from lower to higher position in the toungue when I tow behind the duece.

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

May 18th, 2010.

1968 Johnson Corporation M105A2- 4 color MERDC camouflage with 686A tan tarpaulin, this is the was that the 120th Combat Engineers had it in Okmulgee, OK when I bought in in May 2008 from GL in Norman,OK. I suspect that it was in Desert Storm/Desert Shield, as was the deuce, just different units.

I sometimes move it around the place with the Unimog, but as that has a Swiss standard trailer plug and no air over hydraulics, it is an almost unmanageable unit to pull safely with the Unimog.:shock:

Attachments

dmetalmiki

My recovery trailer

with the dolly M62 or Kraz. without the dolly M54 tractor unit. (Mini Roundabouts (doghnuts) in the middle of the road here in U.K.) Are negotiated on the same side of the road as you guys! ((the right!)) The deck "rolls" out and down for loading. (pushed by the towing vehicle) and pulled back when loaded. (Gaurd at back rises as bed lowers ,drops when pulled back, acts as stepping ramp). The headboard lowers forward giving 47 foot deck.

Attachments

Last edited:

JB

1st, the pics.
2nd, model and year - Camo M416 1967, USMC M416 1967 (finishing numbering this week), Pioneer Trailer 1968, M762 Floodlight trailer, M101A2 (old pic from Ft. Bragg where I picked it up)
3rd, Country - USA
4th, Do you tow using a military vehicle only, or a both a military vehicle and a civilian vehicle? - Both Civilian and M1009

Attachments

Pawnshop

1966 Johnson Furnace Co. M416, 1/4t off road capacity, used by the 49th Armored in Brownwood Texas, commonly towed behind the "Jeeps" (M38A1, M151 series) it's the only trailer authorized by the Army to be towed behind a M1009, that's what I use it for, the civvy 4x4 crowd loves them because you can tow them behind anything and are great off road.

Attachments

Last edited:

Green_gator

1. The pictures
2. M103 generator trailer with a maintenance box that was custom built for the JCSE, which is part of USCENTCOM, M105s of assorted years, M116A3 converting to a Cub Scout support trailer, M353 generator trailers.
3. U.S.
4. I pull these with the deuce but looking for an appropriate civilian vehicle to also pull the M116A3.

I am paring the collection down to just the tan 105 and the 116 to save space. Have I mentioned that I like trailers????

Attachments

Unforgiven

Does the M105 have the same hub bolt pattern as the Deuce? Also, is there any way to make the pintle quiet over rough terrain (nylon wrap, duct tape, space-age sprays)? I've always been curious about that.

Green_gator

The 105 hub is the same pattern as the deuce. Makes sense as you would want to be able to use the deuce spare on in a pinch the tires off the trailer so that the vehicle can keep going. I wonder if that rubber coating you can put on tool handles would work on the lunette and quiet it down, not that I can hear it over the engine.

CatMan

Trailer Pictures

Here is my M105A2 after refurb. This one is a 1968 Johnson. Came from a GL sale at Rock Island last summer. Was desert tan and had a return tag from Kuwait on it.

Updated lights etc. When I when to stamp the new data plate I discovered that there were four different serial numbers stamped on the trailer. The original factory number was on the right frame rail under the replacement data plate. There was a different number on the data plate plus two other different hand stamped numbers on the frame, one next to the S/N plate and another hand stamped on the frame on the top of the left frame rail.

The decals are from Rick Larsen. I always use his decals on the M series restorations. Well worth the money.

It has wood racks and they were so dry from desert storage I had to apply almost a gallon of boiled linseed oil before I could paint them back to 1968 24087 semi gloss. I use this trailer for shows. and pull it with the 1971 M35A2.

Cat Man

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks