• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show us your Military Trailers

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
8 on 6.5" bc, same as older Ford, Chevy and most 8 lug trailers. Notice the standard (16.5") wheel has a huge backspace and the BIG tires as compared to off a truck. Same as HMMWV. Here is smaller...pickup/trailer size 16" to compare.
Might see if I can fine some military wheels, or order something with the correct offset.

Thanks

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plenty of people are selling hummer wheels and tires. You should not have any trouble finding them.

I finally got my box(s) on the frame. Wheels and tires off f350.

Attachments

Zed254

dmetalmiki

Nice. No mistaking it:

- That there is a TRAILER!

What are you planning on hauling, dmetalmiki?
For two shows espesially this year.
War and peace, and our newly formed clubs first show locally,
Anything to save driving back and forth to get my collection to the shows.
BUT, I SO love driving n' tugging 'things' huge to the shows!.
"You can't do that"..often said..
OHHH yes I CAN!.
Love it..keeps the spirit up and alive.

Attachments

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1102, got it from a buddy, love this thing, if I had a half dozen of them I'd still want six more .

This one was apparently dropped from a helicopter, it's barely tweaked a tiny little bit, bothers me not at all .

If I ever find another one cheap again it will follow me home .

Some boring pics ...

Attachments

Another Ahab

For two shows especially this year.
War and peace, and our newly formed clubs first show locally,
Love your spirit, dmetalmiki, go get 'em!

And I sure hope that you'll post some pics of the War-and-Peace Rally.

I've seen some posts of it before from years past if I remember right. Is there a thread here somewhere about it?

FloridaAKM

Here is an M-1102 I recovered from Atlanta a few years ago, one of two units in excellent shape. The other one has the bows & cover with a CD TM under the stabilizer legs, it was never used before DRMO'ed.

20190126_151612.jpg

Weller

I have this M105 that I want to start using for hauling fill dirt around my land. Not wanting to make a dump trailer but I've gotta come up with a way to distribute dirt from the trailer to my roads. Current method is me pulling it with a HMMWV and then jumping in the trailer with a shovel.

M20160814_111757.jpg

How much would YOU like to know Chaplain? I can assist...;-)

Mrmag1, the trailer that the Chaplain pictured is an Marine M322 EET (Engineer Equipment Trailer). They were used to haul backhoes and all-terrain forklifts behind the MTVR in the Marine Engineering units. As far as military trailers go, there were not many of them made because: 1. they were a Marine specific trailer and 2. they were an Engineer Division specific trailer. They were made by 3 different manufacturers in order as follows: Holden, Terex/Load King and Globe. The trailer pictured is a Holden and is one of the earliest versions, possiby even a prototype. I say this because the air lift lugs on the deck are above the deck where later versions had them recessed in the deck with covers. There are a few other differences I also see. Trailers will weigh around 11-12k, with a load capacity of 20k. The government contract price was between $30-40k per trailer. When I asked Holden what it would cost to build the same trailer in today's market I was given a $50-60k range if the same quantity was ordered. The Holden rep I've been speaking with for the last year oversaw the majority of the testing at Aberdeen Proving Grounds.

View attachment 730124

View attachment 730125

Directly in front of the APC in the original picture are the air lift lugs above deck level. The picture below is of the recessed and most common design. Just showing the difference here and why I know that's a very early version.

View attachment 730123

View attachment 730126

Each manufacturer used a specific model number for their trailer but they all fall under the M322 designation. I have a Holden MTO20A1 model that I've been "cleaning up".

View attachment 730127

View attachment 730128

View attachment 730129

Simp has a Terex/LoadKing model and uses it exclusively in his travels. They are very well built and designed trailers. He hauled my trailer down from NH on his trailer. Feel free to ask if you want more info.
I know I am replying to an older post, but I have a question that I have not been able to find the answer for myself.

Here it goes: I just bought an FMTV (M1088 A0) and I need a trailer for it. I have access to an M322 but I am concerned about the pintle rating. The TM says 21K max for the tractors pintle, but I see that older 5 tons have two pintle weights listed...highway and offroad. The TM for my vehicle lists one and pales in comparison to the older 5 ton.

My question: what is the weight capability for the FMTV (M1088A0)? I need highway, not offroad. I am replying to your post because you seem to have experience in this subject area.

Thanks much.

John

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks