• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pressure blasters?......

Nickathome

Hey;
Does anyone have one of those small pressure sandblasters? If so, how do they work as compared to say the standard siphon type units? I saw a nice little pressure blaster at tractor supply that I am thinking of buying for small jobs I have need of a blaster for.

I have a cheap Sears siphon unit now, but its a mess to use and already the rubber siphon tube has dry rotted. Basically its junk. I had heard that the pressure blasters are more efficient and use less media to do the same job the siphon types do. Is this true? Any comments on this subject welcome. Any advise you can give will also be appreciated.

devilman96

Yes pressure blasters are far better than the siphon feed models... Some are better than others, some are stubborn about media size and type and the air consumption will generally be a lot higher but the performance is night and day. Just check your compressor out put (cfm) v/s the units requirements and make sure the two will work together... If not you will be blasting for a minute and then waiting three for the air psi to catch up.

Nickathome

info...

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately my compressor is probably going to put me into the category you mentioned. I have a Sears 33 gallon compressor which works fine with my air ratchet and impact gun, however with the blaster I have it is exactly what you describe. The saving grace though is that I can actually live with a minute at at time blasting at the moment because any job I have had need for was small enough that it didn't make much difference. I plan to buy a larger compressor some day(when I get the money) but not until I find myself with the need for such. Right now the unit I have gets me through even though sometimes I do wish I had the larger unit.

Next trip to TS I'm going to see what the reqt output is for the blaster to see if my compressor will at least be marginal. Again, I can live with that for the time being.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks