• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M37 saved from the bone yard

Eric's hifim37

Hi all,

I enjoy seeing your M37 stories, I know we all have some to tell and I am bored today so I'll tell one of mine. Last year I was tracked down at my work place by a gentlemen that was losing his house and it had a M37 sitting in the back yard, he said that he had been coming by my work place for the last week and could not catch me. ( knowing I was a M37 freak) The deal was the M37 had to pulled out of the yard that day or it would be scrapped by the bankers due to their taking over the property that same day, well I left work early and arranged a truck & trailer and off we went. When we pulled up my eyes fell out of their sockets, it was a unmolested and very original M37B1 so we loaded it up and off we went, I did leave the ole guy some buckeros for tracking me down but all in all another M37 saved from the Commies. Anyway I have got it running and it drives great, I am going to restore it to a driver to take to Tower Park since they don't like my modified one as much but I'm OK with that I have one of the coolest camper/tow rigs that show up there. I included a shot of the saved M37 and my "camper/tug" modified M37

Enjoy, Eric..

Attachments

Eric's hifim37

Here are some pictures of the original markings, as you can see it is a USMC version. I front bumper did have the "paper-clips" but it was to bent up to save. I did keep the paper-clips for the restoration to weld back on. This truck is in really good condition and you will be hard pressed to find ones this good now days so it is being taken care of in it's own personal barn. If any of you are doing a USMC version restore I have 3 and can send you pictures of the original stuff,

Enjoy, Eric..

Attachments

zdsmith

I have an oppourtunity to buy a M 37. Never had a military vehicle. Wanting something my daughter and I can go hunting and fishing out of. I have found one but don't know if good deal, could I show you the ad, and maybe give me some advice. Thanks Zac

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI, referred post is almost 8 years old... and the poster was last seen here, 5 years ago.

To rallynova: Welcome to SS and please feel free to post a want-add in the Parts-Wanted Section of our Classifieds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks