• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who went to aberdeen?

stumps

you know that Aberdeen is NOT a SS event.. we just show up right people? DUH
Well, of course. But if might be more fun for SS members that don't know the local SS members if there was some way to figure out who the SS guys were. Going around and asking every strange face I meet if they are on SS just isn't my cup of tea.

-Chuck

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you had a space and wore your name tag, you could write your SS screen name on it, like we did.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would be worth the effort if there was an impromtu Steel Soldiers meeting sometime after the Garbee Food Fest where members could do a meet and greet. Don't invite me, Aberdeen may as well be part of the Yukon Territory. Can't afford to get out of sight.

Armada

or like when all the big boys went in 2007 (Westy, DH, SS and Mang, Clint Dman, R4x4, ect).... we had a SS lighted sign.
Ahh yes..... 2007. Now that was a good year @ Aberdeen. "Where theres smoke, theres a convoy" [thumbzup]

stumps

Some kind of sign that the vendors could post would be excellent. I am of an age where if I am standing close enough to talk with you, I am too close to read a badge the size of a vendors badge without reading glasses... Somehow, I don't think I am alone in this malady

-Chuck

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
tbanks and I were set up with Bernie Matyniak across from TNJ Murry and got to meet several new SS faces
along with getting to see the "USUAL SUSPECTS., LOL" Gimpy,Carnac,junkyard wars crusher,etc. and as usual
we had a great !!!!!time. Thanks to all the Steel soldiers who purchased VIC-1 sets at the show and we are
planning on seeing as many of you as possible at the MID OHIO show,it promises to grow fast so everyone who can ,try and be there,as we could use more mV shows closer in(9 Hrs on road makes the old bone ache)
For all the "GOATHEADS" out there we scored some NOS fiberglass seat buckets and battery covers,as
they always seem to be busted,missing etc. Anyway seemed to be a good time had by all!!!!!!!

popacom / BILL :jumpin:

HeadWizard

I was able to make it up for a good part of the day on Saturday - fortunately the rain held off.

MANY THANKS go out to those SS who transported stuff, brought things needed and bought a couple of things I carried to the show. AMGeneral for hauling those 2 sets of heavy a$$ 5 ton springs from the GA Rally, Gimpy and Junkyard Wars Crusher for bringing stuff and buying stuff, Doghead for the deal on more springs, and the rest of you that helped load all the cr@p.

Maybe next year work will allow a 2 day visit......

crownjewel4

Went with my wife on Saturday. Had a great time, got some great deals on some much needed items.

The neatest thing for me was the 5Ton? Bobber. I believe the owner was from Williamsport PA. That vehicle was AWESOME!!! Not sure if the owner is an SS member. I would like to know more about it. Anyone have details of that rig.

Great show,

AMGeneral

Well,I made it there and back for the 6th year with no problems,the 915A1 made the 1000 mile journey without a hitch,and I got 6.47 mpg,and was still able to pull hills at 60+ mph towing Neil's M109 camper with ease!!

I didn't take anything to sell this year,so I got a lot of time to walk and talk.

A big thanks to Neil for coming along and providing the "OD Hilton".

I delivered HeadWizards springs and collected for delivery the following

1 M35 trans a case of paint for Clinto
1 5 ton wheel and tire for Ferro
1 rear cargo? cover for sandcobra TBD at the GA rally
60 .50 cal box lids for MDSA.

The STEELSOLDIERS transprotation Battallion at work!!

I don't think I missed anything.

hank

the trip

I drove up on friday(8 hrs) ,shoped for 4 hrs. Met alot of great people,got a nice sun burn and drove back 8hrs.

Thanks to all, [thumbzup]

Hank

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was there Thursday through Saturday. I was in YELLOW S/R 4-9 with CUCVFAN, N3UKA, POWERHOUSEDEUCE, and HEDELTA. Those with us change year to year, but I am always with CUCVFAN and N3UKA.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yep I made the trip also as AMGs co-driver (but didn`t drive ) the big 915 AMG did a mighty fine job. I met alot of S S members` Sold a little. Just had a great time. I was very glad to see folks I had met at the Ga rally again. Saw alot of green stuff I would have liked to get. I was able to get things I ordered and found stuff I wanted more stuff I wanted but have to to wait on . Cabell had great food as he always has where ever he goes. Just need to get the golf cart there next year. lots of cold beverages to quinch our thirst.
David Doyle was a great guy that signed a book for my son . had a good laugh about an Honest John Rocket story I had while in Oklahoma. Was really honored to meet David and his wife.
I`ve got to take a pad to wright down all the new people I met.
I`m glad CARNAC made it home ok !

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks