• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire Thoughts

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M886 needs tires due to dry rot.
If I climb out of this financial hole before someone buys the M886 I'm gonna need tires for it.
16.5" tires are getting extemily hard to come by. I was thinking of putting 16's on it. Right now I have a set of used 16 inch truck tires but no rims yet.
I was thinking if I was putting 16's on it why not get a set of those 9.00 x 16 NDCC's for it.
Do they come in tubeless?
Where could I find plain 16 in ch steel rims wide enough for those 9.00x16's (What would fit?)
Or maybe I should consider 7.00x16's

dilvoy

BobH, Those tires should have no problem fitting on a 7" wide truck rim. I don't know how they will handle compared to radials or a "normal" bias ply tire though. There is a lot of rubber on the tread of those military tires and a lot of balance weights may be needed. I'm here in California, too bad you are so far away. I bought a lot of new radial 16.5 load range E tires govt. surplus and sell them for $100 each. George

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
George, need to add a signature to your posts. We at least need to know what state you hail from. Would appreciate you updating that before your posts get locked out.

dilvoy

Hi Bob, Sorry for the belated responce, I went on vacation. The tires are Goodyear wranglers. They have a mild tread. THey don't sing while going down the highway. George

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks