• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

'New' GL policy...

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i don't think complaining to the government about GL and the EUC process and comparing GSA has no EUC will only get the government to add the EUC process to GSA and screw up a somewhat efficiant auction and will do nothing to make GL more user friendly just my2cents

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the last truck I bought only took a few days .
They have implicated a expedited process .
Bid Thursday and picked up the next Thursday.
It must be a background problem .
"Bid thursday and picked up next thursday"
same here, however have been waiting on the SF97 for over a month now . . .
GSA vehicles You get the SF97s on the spot (live auction) or within days, not months like GL.

REO 54

I was recently told that G.L. is a foriegn owned corp. out of France.Don't no if it's true though,but it stands to reasonlike many other services the Gov. has out-sourced.I have only used GSA recently and got lucky in buying a "gem" sight unseen.An 81' wildland fire deuce,garaged,10k miles,w/w,well cared for,whstlr diesel,for $3k.The transaction went smooth.If I use GL,I am thankful for this thread.

steelandcanvas

I agree, complaining too loudly might just make the Guberment say it's easier to scrap this stuff, than listen to the complaints. BTW I, nor any of our Clubmembers, have not had one complaint about Fort Carson, Colorado and the GL folks down there. In fact, several of us have given them compliments in this Forum. Don't lump all the GL's together, there are some people trying to do a good job.

frodobaggins

They aren't going to invest a bunch of time going through these trucks, which usually sell for $1k, which leaves $100 for GL.
Just a correction here. On a thousand dollar sale, GL gets 10% PLUS a good percentage of the auction price. They add the 10% just because they can and almost all auction places do ("Buyers Premium"). They make much more than 100 off a 1000 dollar sale.

ranchhopper

Lets not forget they charge you sales tax on your buyers premium I wonder if that really gets sent in to the taxing body of that state or goes somewhere else kinda makes you wonder.

lilymonster

Yup, there is surely more here than what meet the eye with GL. The more I read about them the worse it gets. They are owned by liquidity services, which is a D.C. based company. Govliquidation is an LLC registered in the state of delaware (known to have the most lenient corp governance of any state), but operating out of Arizona. Liquidity Services also owns liquidation.com, which is riddled with problems and has a huge group of people who are enraged at the deceit and deception they use in their business practices. TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA: govliquidation has had 23 complaints to the BBB! Liquidation.com has had even more. It appears as though this family of companies thrives on deceptive sales/business practices.

Still doing research, more to folllow....

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Bid thursday and picked up next thursday"
same here, however have been waiting on the SF97 for over a month now . . .
GSA vehicles You get the SF97s on the spot (live auction) or within days, not months like GL.
finally got this SF97. not too bad I guess. about 45 days . . .

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree, complaining too loudly might just make the Guberment say it's easier to scrap this stuff, than listen to the complaints. BTW I, nor any of our Clubmembers, have not had one complaint about Fort Carson, Colorado and the GL folks down there. In fact, several of us have given them compliments in this Forum. Don't lump all the GL's together, there are some people trying to do a good job.

All of the site people I've dealt with have been great (although they could be a little easier with the forklift). The main office in Arizona is a different story. Most of the site people won't come out and say it but they aren't very happy with the way Arizona does things either.

I just got my "paid in full" yesterday for sale 5068. Picked up today and the site guy said that he didn't know what the hold up with EUCs was all about but it's a bunch of them (the lot is almost full of items waiting on EUCs to clear). He said that it seems like they are starting to get cleared though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks