• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are bumper numbers and bumperett numbers the same?

Ridgerunner

I'd like to dig up some history on my Deuce, but when my Deuce came out of DMRO, the front bumper numbers were spray painted over. However, the rear bumperett numbers are still on there.

1) Are the front bumper numbers, and rear bumperett numbers the same numbers?

2) And why do they paint over them?

Srjeeper

1- Yes the front & rear #'s are the same!

2- Who knows why DRMO does anything?

Look for the '2010 Vin Info Thread' post them for our all knowing CARNAC and he'll see what's out there on those numbers.

If ya like the service you can make a donation to the site and 'pay it forward' so the next guy has someplace to find out what he needs to know.

Donations are also excepted if ya don't like the service, are mad at the dog, or just found out rabbits don't live forever. :shock:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are the bumperett numbers?
Often, you can use a wet scotchbrite pad and rub lightly to remove the GL or DRMO paintover and expose the numbers.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2) And why do they paint over them?
S.O.P.

A requirement when a unit turns in or disposes of a vehicle.
The unit id numbers on the front and rear are to be removed or painted over.

Not much different than you or I when we remove the license plate when we sell a car.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Front drivers side is the same as the rear passenger side
Front passenger side is the same as the rear drivers side
They are not always on the bumperettes in the back. Sometimes they are on the bed frame or tailgate.

They are not painted on the doors or inside the cab as a routine. Never seen that.
The registration number is painted inside the cab and is normally on each door and on the dash.The registration number will start with an N or if the truck is a late model from the 80's it will start with 86, 87, 88 etc.

The serial number of record is on the frame just above the drivers side front tire UNLESS you have an old A1 that was upgraded to an A2 in which case it will be on the passenger side same location and will start with an M######.

The serial number should be matched to the data plate on the cab dash.

The registration number has no direct correlation to the civilian world. The serial number from the frame rail IS your VIN.

srodocker

thanks this will help me repainting mine. i have a question what does it mean when they put the VIN # on the bumper along with the word Excess?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks