• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

srodocker's "little" project

Stan Leschert

That looks real sweet, Scott. You are so lucky to have Dale, and the rest of the WA State Green Team, there to help and advise. I bet that you have the sweetest and freshest green beast at the PNW Rally. I can't make it this year, but I will try next year. Stan.

srodocker

awesome possum! almost got the hardtop on today but the 3 darn bolts wouldnt come off and i didnt have a girding disk! so thursday those little guys are coming off!

ABN173

awesome possum! almost got the hardtop on today but the 3 darn bolts wouldnt come off and i didnt have a girding disk! so thursday those little guys are coming off!
A Cut-off wheel is probably a better choice Scott, but if your into self punishment I can lend you a hand file.:D Also what are using for a gasket under the hard top?

-Dale

Last edited:

srodocker

so i put seal around the hood and put some spray on sound deadner on the actual underside of the hood...holy cow the difference is INSANE! no rattles nothing. my gf asked if i put the muffler on and my uncle notices it instantly aswell. no hardtop on yet but i was able to talk to the gf sitting right next to me while at idle. couldnt talk while driving cause no windshield and couldnt talk hehe

also got to me a ww2 vet who trades cookies with my grandparents. he was a soldier who came up through africa. i asked him if he would like to join me in the parade and he said if hes there he will. this is after he joked around about getting in the back. he told me a story about helping a german family with the first deuces made back then. he loves these things.

JOAT 0311

I really did not have time to read all of this thread again. Did anyone ask you where you were able to have the hardtop made. I think I saw that it was fiberglass and probably one off. Any more info would be great. I really like the design and would like to reproduce or purchase one. I will need a top for next years project. Thanks in advance!

ABN173

also got to me a ww2 vet who trades cookies with my grandparents. he was a soldier who came up through africa. i asked him if he would like to join me in the parade and he said if hes there he will. this is after he joked around about getting in the back. he told me a story about helping a german family with the first deuces made back then. he loves these things.

While visiting Tampa, I met up with some Florida Steel Soldiers:http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/53590-abn173-coming-tampa-bay.html
We linked up at Jimbo's BBQ, while there an old timer fell and could not get up. My PSG and myself went over to help the guy, turns out he is a WWII Pilot. We were in uniform and somebody saw us so when it was time to check-out our ticket was paid for. I thought it was one of the FL clan so when I thanked them for dinner they were like yeah we tried to pay for it but were told it was "taken care of"

-Dale

srodocker

I really did not have time to read all of this thread again. Did anyone ask you where you were able to have the hardtop made. I think I saw that it was fiberglass and probably one off. Any more info would be great. I really like the design and would like to reproduce or purchase one. I will need a top for next years project. Thanks in advance!
all the info i have on this top is that it was made by a company in the 80's who bout deuces and made them farmer friendly by changing the engine and front end. then they made these tops. my top after putting it on today is going to need a little repair as i found some cracks :(

While visiting Tampa, I met up with some Florida Steel Soldiers:http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/53590-abn173-coming-tampa-bay.html
We linked up at Jimbo's BBQ, while there an old timer fell and could not get up. My PSG and myself went over to help the guy, turns out he is a WWII Pilot. We were in uniform and somebody saw us so when it was time to check-out our ticket was paid for. I thought it was one of the FL clan so when I thanked them for dinner they were like yeah we tried to pay for it but were told it was "taken care of"

-Dale
thats awesome dale!

JOAT 0311

Thanks for the info. I guess I will have to make my own. Did anyone take a look at the M35 gas gun truck out your way. The one on Fleabay. I would be interested if it wasn't 1500 miles away. Any way keep up the great work!

srodocker

top mounted now. and i need to fine adjust it and remount it and fix some little cracks but its good. this is me at the restaurant on the island taking my air force buddy out to lunch :) again thanks dan for helping me throughout the whole truck and dale helping me out with prep and painting and im sure some future stuff!

Attachments

srodocker

hehe yea it is..i noticed quite a few runs and tiny places i missed. lots on the hardtop. but hopefully the places i missed will be fixed soon enough

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks