• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. Indiantown Gap, Anneville, PA

Preacherboy

My dad said it was fun driving it cross country like that, it was my wife and 2 boys that were miserable!

I did look under the truck today, and it looks like a couple of spots on the axle are leaking now. Some oil has slung all over some different parts under the truck. I suppose I'll be looking up on here how to take covers off and reseal or put gaskets on.

timass1

Preacherboy glad to here you had a safe recovery, I took the safe way out with a lowboy. We got back aroung 9pm and I drove it the mile back to my house. I was impressed with the running condition. I spent most of the day yesterday checking and filling fluids. I took it out a few times to give rides to the friends and wife. I don't think I would have made the drive back at 365mi. let alone 550mi. I appoligize for not introducing myself but I was too focused in the mission onhand which was to load up and hall arse! north. We were concern with gridlock getting into CT. Which we hit anyway. The only issue we had was one of the tires on the trailer almost caught fire and I almost had to drive my truck off in a hurry. I found out that my tranny is new along with the master cyclinder. I got one of the m109a3 shop vans and the truck is in great shape but the box is going to need some extensive flr. wk. The next hurdle is registration which because of the GVW they said I have to reg. as commercial with DOT inspection and crap. So they gave me a number to call to see if I can get a waiver,so we'll see. The other problem is that there was no MFG.data plate so I need to find one. Good luck and post some pics.

Attachments

Coal Cracker

tim, that looks like a nice truck!

Guys, just a quick note about Ft. Indiantown Gap, there is a national cemetary there and if you get a chance stop in and honor those who fought for our country.
True Preacherboy, My Dad is buried there, and it is a most serene, and peaceful place to visit, I rest full well at night knowing that all there are at peace, and I thank each and every one of them for my freedom.

Semper FI Dad !

timass1

Thanks Preacherboy,I just finished making an attemp to flip the headlights.Yep I broke 50% of those rubber mounts and now I am searching for them. I plan on getting down that way again and I will stop by. Coal Cracker Semper Fi.

Tim
USMC 88-92

tom2147

Bumped this older thread back to the top because I found it very informative and it looks like quite a few of us will be headed there soon "hopefully"

My son wants to attempt to drive it home. I'm not nearly as excited about trying that.

If anyone local to there wants to give the truck i bought #5076 a M109A3, a look around and see if the brake petal hits the floor boards I'd love to hear from you :)

bigjmcconnell

I was reading through this thread and noticed several members had a similar experience with Mike from Gov Liq. I hauled 5 trucks out of Ft Indiantown Gap and he was very nice about helping get it done. [thumbzup]

paulfarber

Mike is at the Mechanicsburg and Anneville lots. Great guy. Helped me start Milla (slave cable and a shot of ether) and was very helpful when we were recovering mikeys two deuces in Feb (in 20F weather, snow, and 8 inches of ice water under the trucks).

Other sites may have less helpful employees but Mike has been noting but great all three times I was at the lots.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks