• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How does SF-97 work in NY

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How does the SF-97 work. Sorry I haven't paid attention to this before. I have 4- M101A2 if I want to sell one should I have the SF-97 in hand, and how does that allow some one to register @ DMV. Or do I have to submit it to DMV.
Thanks Bob. :deadhorse:

jimm1009

You must submit it along with the SF-97 reassignment and bill of sale to the OMV, gain a title, and then you are free to sell just like any other car or truck.
Good luck.

I suggest keeping a copy of the paperwork along with a copy of the bill of sale to the nexxt owner for your EUC required paper trail. That way if Uncle ever comes to you and wants to know about your trailers, you have three in the drive and the other one has a paper trail to the guy who now has it sitting in his driveway.

jimm1009

Last edited:

x-ray

Jimm1009 is correct. The NY DMV will give you a difficult time if you do not have an SF-97 and bill of sale to register it. Also take a digital picture of the dataplate - they made me prove to them my trailer did not have a 17 digit VIN#.

You can always resell it as "without title" The owner would have to go through the process similar to home built trailer, having pictures and having it weighed at a DOT approved weigh station. If you go this route, you will perhaps get less interest and resale value.

Good Luck

LanceRobson

As written above, you will have to title them. You do not need to register them unless you want the plates.

Also, GL will only give you a SF-97 for one year after the sale. Don't wait till next year to think about that.

Lance

RJM27

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info. Best to spend the 60.00 then keep paperwork trail if you sell one.
Bob

SANMAN53

Can i send in a sf97 for my m796 before battle creek ok's my euc my vin # is on one of the pictures dispalyed. I'm just trying to stay ahead of gl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks