• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hay Train

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sorry, it just isn't long enough.

Just kidding. That is some serious hay.

:)

sw

Scout

Thanks for the compliments. I run that trailer behind an F-450 and didn't want to chop up the trailer or the M813. That hitch was pretty easy to make and I can take it on and off in a minute or less - works great.
This setup saves me a ton of time - 2 round trips at most instead of 5 or 6. Turning it around takes some planning, but the two additional wagons behind the flatbed track nicely. I can move about 35,000# of hay in one trip with this arrangement.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Scout-I gotta' say, so far as clever ideas go for matching up civvy trailers and 6x6's, yours is right up at the top. It's so simple and clever.

Thanks for posting the pics-like everyone else, I love seeing these trucks put to work.

Outstanding :beer:

wehring

great idea

Now THAT is the best idea for a gooseneck that I have seen so far. I have been kicking around the idea of how to pull a gooseneck behind a deuce/5 ton. Thank for sharing...

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scout-I gotta' say, so far as clever ideas go for matching up civvy trailers and 6x6's, yours is right up at the top. It's so simple and clever.

Thanks for posting the pics-like everyone else, I love seeing these trucks put to work.

Outstanding :beer:

That is WELL ENGINEERED !

Sure ain't no Redneck A-dapter Kit.

:beer:

Now I'm dreaming up a "kit" for a bumper-pull utility trailer to circumvent the HIGH lift when taking the deuce on Garage-Sale Saturdays.

nhdiesel

I love it! I have been trying to think of a way to make a trailer that was adaptable between a gooseneck and a pintle. One hint for someone else doing it- work out the brackets on the adapter so that it can also attach to the front of a Deuce or 5-ton...instant towbar if the trailer isn't being used.

Jim

Scout

Soooo, your cattle never get a square meal? Nice job on the goose neck! What kind of round baler are you using? Good looking bales! :beer:
Thank you! Actually, I'm feeding horses, not cattle. New Holland 648 with a preservative system. My moisture content was so low, I never needed any of the preservative. The net-wrapped bales are super clean, makes twine-wrapped bales downright ugly.

And to add to the "singles vs. duals" contact area debate - last year I was running the original dual setup - rears were sunk and "hooked up" so well that steering was tough. The 14x20's float over that hayfield. If you check some of my other posts you will see what this truck is capable of. Paid for itself many times over for farm duty.

In a week or two I'll be hauling 3'x3'x8' square bales of straw. I'll throw some pics up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks