• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hay Train

Scout

I have to attribute that to the operator - MY WIFE. She made almost 1,300 square bales and over 100 round bales in the last 3 days. I shuttled wagons back and forth to the unloading crew and loaded and unloaded the "train". Nice to have all of our first cutting done by single-digits July in upstate NY. Frees up a lot of summer.

We bale with state of the art air-conditioned Deere 6420's, but I spread manure every night with an old Oliver 770.

NEIOWA

How about some tie downs on that load? And a headache rack for the truck? A once of safety practice is not a bad thing. S___ happens.

Ever seen a compact that head on into a round bale that a shortcutting farmer dropped in the middle of the road?

Scout

Don't worry - that's a farm road only configuration. Everything gets strapped down if I need to go down a public road (and I would drop the last 2 wagons also)

There is one strap on there - across the front of the bales on the truck to protect me of they try to shift forward.

Scout

I wish it was a dropside. As far as the lens - hard to keep stuff clean down on the farm. Those photos were taken with a Blackberry in and Otterbox case - so that's two dirty lenses it's looking through - lucky it can see at all.

ApopkaFL

Banned
I would like to see this work with a 5th wheel application. I have been trying to figure out a way to use my Duce to haul this trailer around.
Ofcourse the duce is going to be tall and have the 1600 R20s on it. Ill post photo of the trailer. BTW Its ugly trailer but it pulls great
and its 38ft long.

Did find a application to make the 5th wheel to a goose neck.

http://64.19.142.12/www.popuphitch.com/images/rvwebjb.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like to see this work with a 5th wheel application. I have been trying to figure out a way to use my Duce to haul this trailer around.
Ofcourse the duce is going to be tall and have the 1600 R20s on it. Ill post photo of the trailer. BTW Its ugly trailer but it pulls great
and its 38ft long.

Did find a application to make the 5th wheel to a goose neck.

http://64.19.142.12/www.popuphitch.com/images/rvwebjb.jpg
I would think you could make a hitch the same as the one in the "hay train". Only thing different you'd have to do is to make the hitch accept the kingpin instead of a ball. You may also have to extend it out a little farther for clearance issues with the wide neck.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scout that looks like a heck of an idea and some mighty fine craftsmanship not only on the plan but the execution look very nice! Thanks you for taking the time to post this that sure looks like a way I could get all my ducks covered in one felled swoop!!
Thanks again!
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks