• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Replacement Body Panels

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I know a place that has complete firewalls. Don't know if they're 2.5 or 5 ton. I'm gonna go there Monday to p/u some junk. What exactly do you need, maybe there is more stuff there.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cummins,
RandyLBarnes has a parts truck that he has yet used the lower part of the cab. BUT we live in Denver, Colorado so getting it to you could be expensive.

And ya gotta ask Randy. But hey, make him an offer he can't refuse and ya never know.

jim

rdixiemiller

The rocker panels can be made by any sheet metal shop. the military had replacements to be welded in by motorpool personnel.
The bottom of the door can be fixed with a simple weld-in patch.

67Beast

Yep it's all pretty flat and easy to add in replacement pieces. I cut out all the bad areas and sand blasted around it and inside the rocker to make sure I had all good metal to work with. I then sprayed rubberized undercoating inside the rockers to prevent further rusting. Ground down the welds and a little putty and paint and good as new.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks