• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun Trucks to Carlisle

vtdeucedriver

Hey Papa Bear, I just heard today that you didn't think you were coming, I told Vermont Deuce Driver that the whole reason Aces & Eights was coming was to meet Papa Bear and Driver523 and the others. Boy, am I glad I read this post tonight, now I know it's gonna be a great Gathering. I have the new transfer case all in my truck. I'll be bringing it and VDD's M52A2 down on the 5th of August. Looking forward to meeting all the guys I haven't yet. John T

Me to John, PB was still sayin last month in chat that he was not commin. So I get home sunday and see that he is commin.:) Cant wait cant wait cant wait!!! For all these guntrucks...........they got to protect somebody!!! It might as well be me!!!!!

Attachments

Driver523

SRODOCKER---it don't take much to build some of these trucks----pick an early truck, it may have had only one M-60 not even mounted---or maybe none, they didn't have the double walled armor, some even still had the side racks in them that the armor was attached to, and then some just had a simple name stenceled or hand written on the side, as far as equipment goes, some had no radios, maybe just their M14s----Here's a couple early ones--happy huntin--------------------------Driver

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I feel bad that Ron had to get the Black Widow hauled all that way. We could have picked her and stored like last time until the "mad minute" moveout. Heck I would rather haul the Black Widow Replica than the Proud American tribute truck!

Last year we (CAMO) all talked in depth and decided not to go this year...too far...too expensive....no time... etc, etc, etc,..... Then this thread started....then the Black Widow started moving....HOW MUCH CAN A FELLER TAKE!!!

I really wanna see that truck of JT's and Jeff's tractor again.

Lock and load men....it's on and time is short.

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

I feel bad that Ron had to get the Black Widow hauled all that way. We could have picked her and stored like last time until the "mad minute" moveout. Heck I would rather haul the Black Widow Replica than the Proud American tribute truck!

Last year we (CAMO) all talked in depth and decided not to go this year...too far...too expensive....no time... etc, etc, etc,..... Then this thread started....then the Black Widow started moving....HOW MUCH CAN A FELLER TAKE!!!

I really wanna see that truck of JT's and Jeff's tractor again.

Lock and load men....it's on and time is short.
Hey larry, nobody has seen the tractor from the gathering., just the M151 at the 1st PF. She will be new to you guys. A few SS members and our MV club have seen her as I have not had her outside VT since I have owned it.

Driver523

I'm sure glad you guys are comin---this convoy Thurs. is gonna be one for the books---We'll have to run the gun trucks every so many trucks like "then"----Srodocker--when someone starts a build thread I have about all the info and photos of builds one would need for a newer type truck----------------Driver

vtdeucedriver

ummmm...sorry Jeff....SOMEBODY had a nice tractor last time!!!

I am easily corn fussed:oops:
Well I am sure that people will walk by me this year and not recognise me........if it was me at that PF, I would have said "hi larry" rofl

If I remember the pics, that one was a 800 series. My baby is old school.

vtdeucedriver

I'm sure glad you guys are comin---this convoy Thurs. is gonna be one for the books---We'll have to run the gun trucks every so many trucks like "then"----Srodocker--when someone starts a build thread I have about all the info and photos of builds one would need for a newer type truck----------------Driver

Larry, think they will stay at 50???? Im still running a direct drive transmission. All these tuned up macks are going to be the death of my MF:driver:

srodocker

SRODOCKER---it don't take much to build some of these trucks----pick an early truck, it may have had only one M-60 not even mounted---or maybe none, they didn't have the double walled armor, some even still had the side racks in them that the armor was attached to, and then some just had a simple name stenceled or hand written on the side, as far as equipment goes, some had no radios, maybe just their M14s----Here's a couple early ones--happy huntin--------------------------Driver

wow thanks a ton driver. any more pics on the door and front window armor is attached? i like the idea of attaching the armor to the side racks. i use my truck as a work truck here and there and it would be nice to be easily removeable

Driver523

The armor was dropped down in the doors where the windows had been--the armor that was on the outside of the door can be hung by using like a half a gate hinge and a longer pin through the existing hanger-----hope that helps------

The Black Widow has arrived in Carlisle and is put up till the Gathering----" It only is gonna get better " Driver

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Glad to see the Black Widow is safe and in good hands Driver!

Gosh...I hope next year the Gathering is held in Columbus, GA....LOL
My wife is pissed and so are the other wives of the CAMO Crew....I do make snap decisions...but I mean well...they just don't get it:wink:

Heck as i saw it written in the dust on a gunbox..."it don't mean nothing".
If I get to see the same crews as last year plus JT and VTD's trucks and some that have never ventured south to the Gatherings...life will be good! (Until we get home...lol).:roll:

Troy has started repairs on the Proud American...a few rust holes and some fresh flat black paint...then some graphics on the gunbox....TBA:grd:

Attachments

Driver523

Yeah---I know----I look forward to this thing every year, This has been the easyest one yet though he he he-----its a strange thing feeling so comfortable with this gang---only a few did I really know ( for only a year ) but ya feel like you know em all and have forever---Make any sense?-------and then the trucks---old friends fer sure-----Driver

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ummm...I don't really think it's the people...or the time spent with them...it's the type of people...the one's you just know you could trust...
I have several friends that i feel comfortable when they say "I've got your back". That's why I think I have led a successful life.

You know some of them Driver...the others are locals.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OH!!! I'm there JT!!! Just still trying to get things organized...I work better under extreme pressure so I'll really get serious on the 1st of August...:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks