• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

combatmech

Removed old, rusted out, leaky fuel tank last week. While I'm waiting on parts.....cleaned up fuel tank skid plate, moved license plate to where the pintle hook went, re-painted bumper.
Placed order for 31 gal tank and everything that goes with it......$$$$ Cha-ching$$$$
Hope to be up and running by next weekend:beer:

bshupe

I picked up the bed for my 1031/1028 conversion.

I did a test fit on the wheel spacers I bought. You wouldnt believe how POd I was to find out that after swearing to me that my lug nits would work with the spacers they wont. Im glad I was just tinkering for a test and not all set up for the full swap. Now I need to figure out where and for how much is it going to cost me to buy a whole new set of lug nuts.

I also located some 300 ohm resisters at my local electronics shop so I will be trying to get the voltage gauge working this week.

I noticed this week that my turn indicators (dash) that are on all the time are something of a battery condition gauge. When the trucks been sitting a while and the batteries are down a little the indicators are about 75% power until the truck has been running for 15-20 minutes and then they are brighter than ever. I could be in denial that there is a problem and am grasping for some utility in this issue to avoid getting in there and troubleshooting the circuit. :shock:

bigdogdale

turn signals on all the time

@ bshupe, mine were on too when I got my truck, but I found that the front side marker lights and turn signal sockets had bad connections/grounds. As soon as I had those lights all working the turn signals indicators went out. Hope this helps!:beer:

jets1959

@ bshupe, mine were on too when I got my truck, but I found that the front side marker lights and turn signal sockets had bad connections/grounds. As soon as I had those lights all working the turn signals indicators went out. Hope this helps!:beer:
Mine was to far gone. Took the socket into the local parts store and believe it or not they had both the side marker and front turn signal light sockets. A quick splice and some heat shrink and good to go.

ayla

Outlined the front wheels (although done this weekend already). They were way out of line. Now drives much better, although outlined on sight, not on measuring.

Today done nothing, since I left to Russia last monday and will be back friday evening.

Groet ron

ryan77

Repainted door panels, seat belts etc with SEM color coat! Its a exact match!! Im really happy with the product!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks