• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cucv1833

New OD green paint , spray on bed liner, new lift pump and fuel lines filter housing, new belts, driverside Alt., spray on rubber floor liner, radio and amp.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Learned a lesson, found out the dodge fuel filter base and the chevy fule filter base are aaaaallmost the same. Dodge = 2 switches. Chevy = 3 switches. Look identical in the pictures. Oh well, got a complete new set of O rings, filter and new sensor on the old base...

chevy79k5

tightens up fly wheel bolths they were craz lose. fixe some holes in my floors. topped off t-case, trans, oil and cheanges bolth diff fluieds. ooo and put new u-joints in my spare drive shaft.

DXTAC

My dad and I replaced the rear main seal and trans modulator. Tomorrow we will fill it up and hope for the best - NO LEAKS!!! I did discover
that I believe the front seal on the trans is leaking, I'm sure that's big $$$ as I believe the trans must be removed!!! One leak at a time. I also
think the E brake cable is frozen on the PS, I'll cut it tomorrow and see if that eliminates the squeaking.

Thanks dad for the help with the rear main!!!!!!

Stonepicker1

Replaced a few Items on my dually yesterday.

!. Harmonic Balancer (from P**boys, Dorman 594-128) $69.99

2. All three Gatorbacks belts (15581-gen#1, 15491-gen#2, 15456-power steering) $49.00

3. New Radiator (Modine 1R2098) $375.00- bought three years ago as a backup.

4. Transmission cooler (Long Tru-Cool LPD 4589) $50.00-ebay

Attachments

1986Blazerk5

My dad and I replaced the rear main seal and trans modulator. Tomorrow we will fill it up and hope for the best - NO LEAKS!!! I did discover
that I believe the front seal on the trans is leaking, I'm sure that's big $$$ as I believe the trans must be removed!!! One leak at a time. I also
think the E brake cable is frozen on the PS, I'll cut it tomorrow and see if that eliminates the squeaking.

Thanks dad for the help with the rear main!!!!!!
How hard was it to replace the trans modulator?, and do you have any tips as i am going to do this next week?

Thanks

Mudstone

today i removed my CDR valve as i noticed a bunch of black gooky stuff in my air filter... a ton of oil poured out of it and the hose connecting as well... is this a bad sign? I sprayed it with PB real good then washed it with hot water and now WD 40. Any tips?

DXTAC

1986Blazerk5 - The modulator took about 10 minutes to replace and made a WORLD of difference. It was only $10.49 at Napa. No tips needed, it's one bolt and the retainer comes off, pull off the rubber hose end, remove the old and reinstall the new one. I did have to cut the new hose as it was an elbow shape and mine was straight. It literally took me longer to dig through the mud/sand and grime to find the bolt than the entire exchange. My shifts are now nice and smooth at about 25 and 45MPH respectively. Lost about a cup of tranny fluid. Use your thumb to plug the hole and have the new one ready to install to minimize the loss. Hope this helps!!

I finished the rear main seal replacement today and found my vehicle must have had it replaced at some point over the years as I had a new style rubber seal and a new oil pan dated 1995 (could be coincidence). The bad news is that the crank is a somewhat scored and I may have done all that for just an oil pump replacement?!?!?! Also found that my trans leak is most likely the front pump seal and beyond my expertise! I guess I'll keep topping the fluids periodically.

Next project is most likely replacing the steering box. After driving my dad's 1009 I realized how bad mine truly is!!

91W350

I bought a new Gen 2 belt and installed it after my old one wound itself up tightly around the base of my fan clutch. That thing was tough to dig out of there, should have taken photos of it wound up so nice and tightly. You know that had to happen in a nano-second at 65 mph!

scrambled

Installed a Retrosound stereo with knobs!

3.5" dash speakers and 4x10s behind the seat. The GM speaker brackets dont fit well with the rifle rack base. I need speakers more than a handy rifle, so in they went.

Painted the dash pad and door panels flat black.

Made door lock/unock things out of brass 410 shotgun shells.

1986Blazerk5

Installed a Retrosound stereo with knobs!

3.5" dash speakers and 4x10s behind the seat. The GM speaker brackets dont fit well with the rifle rack base. I need speakers more than a handy rifle, so in they went.

Painted the dash pad and door panels flat black.

Made door lock/unock things out of brass 410 shotgun shells.
Pics?

kvitt

took the seats out, then took the seats off the mounts used degreaser on them trying to get the wd40 off them from trying to get the bolts out...then tried to explain to my wife why i was using the new dish washer for a parts cleaner:idea:.., i got caught...she wanted to know why the kitchen smelled like the garage...aua

Midnight Rider

Heater core failed about 3 weeks ago. Didn't have the money for a new core, so I bypassed it for the time being.
Last Saturday (10/30), I got a new heater core from NAPA. Started working on it and found they had given me the wrong one. So the following Tuesday I went and got the correct part.
This past Saturday, I got it installed and I've got heat again. :jumpin:
Also installed a cheap box speaker from Walmart on the driver's side passenger fender well.

Sajer

Dropped new starter in yesterday and its working well so no issues other than that, so far. Also , had hard shifting issues and replaced the vacuum lines and the difference is amazing! I would still like to dial the shift down a little bit, but will do that later.

Hope to install a radio next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks