• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycleJay

dont mean to rip on ypou cycle jay but please tell me you did not fill up with gas i sure hope it was deisel
Hello Beanman,

No worries.

NO, I did NOT fill up with gas. LOL
I filled up with Diesel, since you can only use diesel in a diesel engine,
besides the fuel gauge on the dashboard says Diesel fuel only, anyway.

Have a good day,

CJ

xenocath

searching.............
bought truck in march. drive it daily, read posts in here then immediately crawl all over an through vehicle checking and rechecking everything i read about, but no issues as of yet. so just tinkering with silly stuff ie.. wiring in brake box for trailer(civy) mounting radio antenna installing hid light kit from lmc, painting or greasing and lubing everything i can get to. all in all just enjoying the heck out of owning this m1008.:grin:

blitzengine

I finished the top end of the engine two days ago, mine is also a daily driver and the head gaskets went out because the previous owner did not resurface the heads resulting in cooked head gaskets. Besides that rebuilt the whole truck from the ground up minus the transmission which was already rebuilt when I purchased the truck and body work which is work in progress.

Cheers :beer:

Midnight Rider

Sunday, I changed the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, ailr filter, and spent about twenty minutes cleaning the return fuel valve on the IP. Now I got some power back.

Next gotta figure out what is coating the underside of the transmission/transfer case and figure out the last part of what is causing it to run rough.

Props to the board for all the helpful info I've found so far. :mrgreen:

Midnight Rider

when you change the fuel filter do you have to bleed it? or do you just pop it on

I bled mine per the instructions in the TM 9-2320-289-20. It is really about replacing the whole assembly. I found there was still some fuel in the filter anyway.

I'm thinking that I might not have the fuel filter primed all the way and that is what is causing my rough running at the moment. It said it was a 2 man job, but only 1 was available when I did mine.

xenocath

searching.............
ok who let murphy in here? on the way to work the day after posting how great my truck was all heck broke loose,glow plug relay fried, dash started smoking and the bearings in gen 1 went. i did not see anywhere in the tech manuals where it states cucv's cannot take compliments. perhaps we can submit a change to this effect and prevent further mishaps :oops:

13 MIKE

This thread is like a curse. I limped home with a slipping tranny yesterday, changed the filter today. Seems to be fine, time will tell. Also rewired my convoy light.

BlueToes

Im'a roadgrillin! Made myself a spice rack today and got it painted. Showed it to a guy who saw me parked at the store as he was talkin about the cucv he used to have. He and the wife liked it plenty. Im still laughing at myself, but hey, some things are important! Also had to go out and get some fire extinguishers as my last oil stove fire in the basement used up all four of the ones I had. Was a close call and I called the fire dept. anyways. Rather look stupid than move back into my school bus!

Attachments

DXTAC

Went to the boneyard yesterday and bought a rim. I went to/called 6 yards before I found a one that had the right size! None had the right size tire! Now I need to sand and paint the rim but it's Sunday and it's pool time. I think I may buy a TreadWright for now. Oh, I also bought a rear view mirror.

Lawrence of Arabia

M1009
1. Installed Bench Seat in front & jump seats in rear cargo area.
2. 6" Suspension lift.
3. New transfer case
4. New Injector Puymp
5. Dome Light
6. Complete Floor Mat front to back
7. 37" Tires with 10"x16.5 Wagon Wheels
8. Painted Exterior Green Camo
9. Powder Coated Bumpers & Lifting Shackles Satin Black
10. Tinted Rear Glass

OL AG '89

Finally fixed the brake light switch that has been "Working - Not working - Working - Not working" for several months......
didn't want someone to get too friendly with the rear of the thing..... or the local LEO to ask me " Do you know you have no Brake lights".....

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks