• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
played with my 1985 m1008 today from 7am till about 8pm i have since learned to leave well enough alone and also check the easy stuff lol
Took the steering column out cause i couldnt get the horn to work so i was gonna put a tilt in well that turned in to a dead end WHOLE ANOTHER STORY :mad: Well suffice to say i think im pretty well aquainted with my m1008 at least the steering column re installed the old column with a new igntion switch from carquest got it all back together and darn thing wouldnt shift so after it was all said and done i think i took the column out 5+times LOVe the truck but its got along way to go :}

Funny part is the horn wiring and horn was on the truck not hooked up Believe it or not yall i dont think the horn was ever hooked up in the first place Hence started digging doing some Meter Checking voltage yall know the drill lol Found out i was missing a horn relay and the lock plate Got all of it working but Still cant get the darn button to work to honk the horn on the steering wheel (curious is a civy truck horn button guts the same or am i missing something )

Also after digging around i started really noticeing the redneck ingiunity at its finest NOT THATS A BAD THING YALL :mrgreen: im all about some duct tape lol ill get pics as im a newbie so maybe yall can answer as to why it is what is

Last edited:

sirleaksalot

played with my 1985 m1008 today from 7am till about 8pm i have since learned to leave well enough alone and also check the easy stuff lol
Took the steering column out cause i couldnt get the horn to work so i was gonna put a tilt in well that turned in to a dead end WHOLE ANOTHER STORY :mad: Well suffice to say i think im pretty well aquainted with my m1008 at least the steering column re installed the old column with a new igntion switch from carquest got it all back together and darn thing wouldnt shift so after it was all said and done i think i took the column out 5+times LOVe the truck but its got along way to go :}

Funny part is the horn wiring and horn was on the truck not hooked up Believe it or not yall i dont think the horn was ever hooked up in the first place Hence started digging doing some Meter Checking voltage yall know the drill lol Found out i was missing a horn relay and the lock plate Got all of it working but Still cant get the darn button to work to honk the horn on the steering wheel (curious is a civy truck horn button guts the same or am i missing something )

Also after digging around i started really noticeing the redneck ingiunity at its finest NOT THATS A BAD THING YALL :mrgreen: im all about some duct tape lol ill get pics as im a newbie so maybe yall can answer as to why it is what is
hey SS, make sure the black out light switches arent on...... I read were the horn will not work if they are on. the switch needs to be set to service lights.

hey SS, make sure the black out light switches arent on...... I read were the horn will not work if they are on. the switch needs to be set to service lights.
Yeah no doubt like i said i learned alot of stuff today the horn is wired in with the turn signal lol tryed that we got it workin and blowin at first i think im stuck at the steering wheel thanks for the input :] ill probably mess with tommrow sometime

1986Blazerk5

I cleaned the fuze box, and installed a 12 volt power outlet

Next is a new dash pad with dash speakers, and the center console designed by DXTAC

dduncan

Recently, I have had the interior floor/bed lined with Custom Linings (kind of a cross between Line X and Rhino), also did the doghead starter relay mod, fixed turn signal, horn, installed Autometer Z series oil pressure and water temp gauges, and finally, I installed some Hella 500 Driving lights on the grill guard. She is a road machine now!!!

xenocath

searching.............
I finally got a new steering knuckle, after i trashed the other due to some awful ideas and a bad drill and tap job. replaced all the king pin bushings and then finally got to drive my truck home from work for the first time in about a week :D

Barrman

The last two months have seen a rebuilt alternator, 2 new brake calipers, 2 new wheel cylinders, turned rotors, repacked front bearings, dash pad installed, gauges installed and working, civi center console, drivers vent window fixed and just today, a hand throttle installed. Pretty fun truck to mess with and drive.

combatmech

The truck is in VA...I'm in Iraq. "Thing 2" is currently in the shop getting.....New 33's( BFG's) R&R stuck u-joint, front upper and lower ball joints, new rear tailgate regulator ( broke 4 hours before I deployed ). My girlfriend says I need to get home and un-pack all the stuff I got from LMC. Good luck to all 1009 and 1008 owners.....Have fun with your projects

:beer:

firecontrol86

replaced motor and transmission mounts, also drained and filled the rear diff. next is transmission fluid and shocks. also have a 40mm can i'm going to use as a console like someone else already posted on here, holesaw and cups are being watched out for.

explorer1

welll still working on my starter problem , doghead relay worked fine but no go, i rebuilt selionid, so now starter rebuild time , miss my ride.

tamecrow

Did the doghead starter relay mod on the weekend. Now gotta fix my speedometer. It worked fine for 5 mins after I got the truck, then the needle went crazy and fell to zero.

DXTAC

Pulled the seats this past weekend for a seat swap. My dad is modifying/fabricating the existing brackets to make them work. The seats are really nice, they are out of a Vibe and have the buckle built into the seat so no more limp seat belt buckle laying on the floor!! Also picked up the lube for a front diff service, just gotta get up to Napa for a gasket. The rear diff was serviced when I had the axle seals replaced. Also, now have all the parts for the spin-on fuel filter swap. Now that the heat has subsided it's time to GET CRACKING and ready for the snow! Tires have to wait for now until I save some cash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks