• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 to 727 adapter??

m376x6

I have several CUCV's and they all run very well.. I think I will just put the utility box on one of the M1028's and then put a M101box on this truck and call it good. The truck only has 11k for miles on it though. The motor has a new carb,new distributor,new plugs and wires,oil change,new filters,new starter,and still runs like crap.. Thanks for the info M376x6 some good "TO KNOW" stuff in there.
They should have never put this box with the welder/genset on these trucks. They are grossly overloaded with it...I prefer the 3600lb carrying capacity of the M1028,Dana 60 front,also the locker rear and posi front really crabs and goes. To much work and money needed for the old Dodge to make it go anywhere..
I know what you're going through. For the little I drive the M37 4X4 or the M37 6X6 each year which is probably less than 1,500 miles each. I just can't seem to justify the expense of dropping in a 4BT. We're going to New Mexico, Wyoming, down to Southern Colorado and then up to Montana this year for deer and elk hunting. It's easier to load either truck up on a nice 14K tilt deck trailer I just got and haul them with the Dodge Cummins. Bring the truck down here and we'll figure out what is wrong with it and make it a smooth running engine ;-). The Dodges were what the government wanted even though they were not as heavy duty as they could have been, Uncle Sam got exactly what he wanted. And Dodge said "Whatever you want"!

citizensoldier

That's allot of miles! You have the life I always wanted chasing them big Wapiti all over the country! Careful what you say I might just come visit and try to get a ride in that fancy M37 6x6 while I am at it...and shoot a Elk too!
I have several of these trucks and one runs ok I think this one is suffering from crapped up valves from sitting and nasty fuel going through it. It was used during the first gulf war then shipped to a airbase in the Netherlands. It sat there until 2005 then being shipped back to the US and surplussed out. I know this because some of the service records and shipping info was in the truck when I got it.
It would be cool to have a diesel one and can't waste a 4BT in it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Lane, put the body on the 101 frame! I did, makes a nice trailer but the welder is too heavy for the nose. As much as I liked mine, I agreed to sell it to Docfarmall although I'm still waiting on the first payment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks