• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce boarding ladder stowage M35A2

Oilleaker1

I've checked the threads for ideas of where to stow the steel 5 step shop van boarding ladder. Other than cutting a door in the rear panel, any good ideas for stowage in the cargo bed? Obviously needs to be held at the rear so you can pull it out and fit it in the tailgate slots without climbing in. If I wanted to climb, who needs the ladder huh? Attach it to the tailgate inside??? I hate to drill holes until I have a plan that works. My cargo bed will have crew seats and cover, so it can't be in the way of that stuff. So, anyone tackled this yet?:idea: John

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found myself asking this today, doesn't look like anyone had any ideas when this thread got posted 9 years ago.

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I mounted mine under the bed on left side on my M36A2. I felt the spare tire and pioneer rack aren't as important so removed them. I only carry the spare on long trips. Obviously, difficult choices are necessary. This may not work on M35's.

Good luck.

I've checked the threads for ideas of where to stow the steel 5 step shop van boarding ladder. Other than cutting a door in the rear panel, any good ideas for stowage in the cargo bed? Obviously needs to be held at the rear so you can pull it out and fit it in the tailgate slots without climbing in. If I wanted to climb, who needs the ladder huh? Attach it to the tailgate inside??? I hate to drill holes until I have a plan that works. My cargo bed will have crew seats and cover, so it can't be in the way of that stuff. So, anyone tackled this yet?:idea: John

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well your 36 does have boatloads of extra under the bed space. I wanted one but it didn't pan out.

sue

We have some ten foot ramps under the right side
of the bed for cars, atv’s etc. held in a square U
shaped metal angle brackets with a shelf in the middle
to keep them separate. There about 14” wide? With a
small chain keeper that we can lock it need be.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have some ten foot ramps under the right side
of the bed for cars, atv’s etc. held in a square U
shaped metal angle brackets with a shelf in the middle
to keep them separate. There about 14” wide? With a
small chain keeper that we can lock it need be.

Pictures?

sue

No didn’t take it that way at all, wish I had a
12 year old kid to show me how to put pictures
on here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks