• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Load out help at Goose Creek,SC / Fort Bragg, NC

acmunro

Hello all, I am working with a shipper on a M1010 CUCV at Goose Creek, SC and a Crew Cab K-3500 at Fort Bragg. Does anyone know if GL provides Loading assistance (shipper doesn't have a winch) at either location ? If not does anyone know of someone or a Towing company in the area that could get them loaded ? Hoping to find someone who someone else has used. Need to get both trucks loaded out next week. Thanks in advance.

acmunro

Thanks for the reply. I have my PIF invoice for the M1010. I also got the PIF invoice for the K3500 Crew Cab today. If you would check and let me know that would be great.

Blythewoodjoe

I will be at Goosecreek in the morning if all goes well. I will try to post info on the facility when I get home. It's a good chance I will spend the afternoon playing with my new toy and will forget about posting anything, but I'll try to remember. Don't forget who ever goes down there will have to give them 24 hours notice so they can inform the gate. I don't think you can get on base there with out prior clearance.

CGarbee

The guys at Bragg have been very helpful with loading in the past (but it may just be me...).
I'll be there on Thursday of this week loading trailers...

acmunro

Thank you CGarbee They seemed very helpful on the phone and said they would help with the forklift. The truck there is the 88-98 style with the lower frame and has probably been forklifted before. With your experience there are they pretty good with a forklift. I am just hoping not to get any more damage. Thanks

CGarbee

Thank you CGarbee They seemed very helpful on the phone and said they would help with the forklift. The truck there is the 88-98 style with the lower frame and has probably been forklifted before. With your experience there are they pretty good with a forklift. I am just hoping not to get any more damage. Thanks
They are extremely good with a forklift... Everything I have ever seen them load with one (or just move around, etc.) has been done with "kid gloves"... There is always a first time for a screwup, but so far, so good.

Blythewoodjoe

I just got back from Goose Creek. I asked about help loading they said they had a fork lift that would be able to put a truck on a trailer. I asked if it could pull the truck and they said yes. For what it's worth, it's a real pain to get on base. It took me about a half hour to get checked in and over to the DRMO. Very helpful people everywhere, just a lot of paperwork. I hope this helps. Good luck, Joe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks