• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

C-47 & DC-3 Gathering

50shooter

For all you DC-3 / C-47 fans, Rockfalls IL at the Whitside County (SQI) airport 7/23 -7/26/10 there will be the largest gathering of these planes in recent history, some say since WWII. They will be on display and flying through the weekend and then assembling for a 40+ bird fly over in formation on 7/26/10 prior to some of them heading to EAA in Oshkosh.

Bill W

For all you DC-3 / C-47 fans, Rockfalls IL at the Whitside County (SQI) airport 7/23 -7/26/10 there will be the largest gathering of these planes in recent history, some say since WWII. They will be on display and flying through the weekend and then assembling for a 40+ bird fly over in formation on 7/26/10 prior to some of them heading to EAA in Oshkosh.
Boy
Wouldn't that be a rare site to see

50shooter

The C 47 I work on out of Paso Robles CA will be there
Are you and A&P? I love the C 47 / DC-3 must be cool getting to work on them. I had the chance to fly in a B17 a few years ago and it was well worth the money. I may go in one this w/e if someone is looking for donations.

More info on the event. It will be the largest gathering since the prep for D-Day. Most of them will be going to EAA for their 75th anniversary.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks