• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One thing led to another

Garandfan

I figured I'd start freshening up the deuce with the new fenders and doors. Well I ended up taking the whole front end off, the hood, and the windows. Yeah I'm balls deep into this project! I at put my whistler on while I was at it! YEAH YEAH, I'll have pics of my naked deuce soon. Any interest in a D turbo?

Aurora

Good to hear you're putting on your new parts. My weekend project was just going to be fixing the rear axle seals but I ended up also putting on 6 new wheel cylinders(all were leaking), brake hoses and packing the bearings. I'm glad i checked because there was almost no grease left on the rear bearings.

Garandfan

Thanks for the support fellas! I have been devoting my time to the deuce so been a little MIA. Sounds like my problem, work on on one thing and end up fixing another! Always something! That's gonna be my next project.... Bearings and all the trimmings! YA YA you jerks, I'll post pics! (LOL) Gimpy-PM me an offer and we'll take it from there. :grd:

Garandfan

I made new rockers and replaced the metal where the cab and fenders meet. I used the old doors for sheet metal-yeah I'm cheap, but the metal was good. The paint is Krylon Camo Green. I bought out 3 local Walmarts of this paint. I installed the whistler turbo also. It was an easy swap considering I already had everything apart when I did the head gaskets in March.

PS. I had to cut the bumper off! NOT FUN. The bolts and bumper extensions were bent. 4 wafer wheels later.

Last edited:

Garandfan

Yeah, Yeah, I know the stars need to be bigger..... Hopefully I'll have the majority of it done this week. Then it's the fine tuning crap.. It's really great when you misplace parts too! Had family stuff this weekend so barely got any work done. But.... family is still more important than the truck.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There will never be a better time to thoroughly check and PM that steering gearbox as well s the compressor air line that runs underneath it.

Garandfan

So I should check the compressor line going into the gearbox? That's probably why it's leaking! :twisted: JUST KIDDING! Yeah the gear box leaks.... I have been reading threads on which route I am going to go with that... For now I just replace oil as necessary.. check the wire to the horn from time to time.... Not really much else I can do, other than remove it and replace the seals. As for the compressor line.... I went through it when I did the head gaskets and all the other gaskets on the top of the motor. I have a thread with pics. If I am missing something, let me know or if you can give me any additional advice, please let me know!

I will be adjusting the drag link though.

Last edited:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine passed right under it and developed a tiny leak from rubbing. The constant hissing was very annoying to some people because they would always mention it and tell me to check the radiator.

Garandfan

So i tried to get away with an easy fix on the radiator...... I ended up pulling it out and soldering it. I HATE THAT FAN! Anyway.. Doors are on (With bigger stars) and painted half of the bed. Getting close. Does anyone know the size flare fitting that tie the copper line into the slobber tube? I'll have pics tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks