• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Will need pickup/recovery help

MiltonFine

Oh my it's been a while since I've been on here. It's also been a long time since GL took my money and have yet to produce a vehicle.... :x

Anyway, when the time comes, the Deuce is at Fort Jackson in SC and I will probably need someone to get it off the base for me and store it until later this year or give me an idea of what it would cost to bring it to a halfway point where I could pick it up at an earlier time (say near Richmond, VA). Or maybe someone would want to bring it all the way home to PA (depends what it would cost). I expected to have been picking the truck up a while ago, and now I'm so busy with our farm that I won't have time to do much until September.

Please send me a PM if you can help me out. Thanks!

MiltonFine

I just got my paid in full invoice for the truck, so it's ready for pick up. I've sent PM's to those of you that replied.

It wouldn't hurt to have some alternates in case there is a problem, so if you can help out, please send me a PM.

L999here

...one more time...

If all else fails,contact a local towing/wrecker service. For a few bucks they will tow it to their secure facility and keep it for a week or two...depending on how long you take to get there. Also...since they have big trucks...they may be able to check the vehicle over,change or top-up fluids,check tires and belts and the electrical system. Stuff that would take you lots of time and $$$. I did this with a 25-ton M172A1 trailer in VA....best $300 I ever spent. Had a worry-free 900mi. trip home. Your mileage may vary...LOL>....

HeadWizard

I've got an M35A3 that's at the east end of Ft Jackson that hopefully should have the EUC cleared in a few days. Maybe we can find someone to haul them both north?

Let me know what you think.

Anyone local got any good ideas?

Thanks-
Don

MiltonFine

Someone may have picked up the truck today, but I don't know for certain. His inbox is full and I don't have any other contact information. If you're reading this, please call me so I know what's going on. You can call at any time that's good for you.

I will send some folks that PM'd me a message tomorrow if I can't get confirmation one way or another that the truck was picked up and removed from the base.

Thanks again to all the offers.

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Aubrey,
I was busier than a no legged man in a butt kicking contest yesterday, and my home internet was not working last night either, and I had miss placed your paper work with your phone number on it. I suck. lol.

Yes, I did pull the truck off Jackson yesterday. It is a decent truck, runs well. I had to jump it off, but the batteries seem to be holding a charge now. Included a mini aquatic wildlife in the back, complete with small plants, and several species of frogs and lizards. When I went to drive it out to put it on the towbar, a frog jumped in the open back window and landed on my head.

I'll give you a call in a minute.

No pictures, I suck again. aua

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Froggiequinologist

MiltonFine

Hey Aubrey,
I was busier than a no legged man in a butt kicking contest yesterday, and my home internet was not working last night either, and I had miss placed your paper work with your phone number on it. I suck. lol.

Yes, I did pull the truck off Jackson yesterday. It is a decent truck, runs well. I had to jump it off, but the batteries seem to be holding a charge now. Included a mini aquatic wildlife in the back, complete with small plants, and several species of frogs and lizards. When I went to drive it out to put it on the towbar, a frog jumped in the open back window and landed on my head.

I'll give you a call in a minute.

No pictures, I suck again. aua
Thanks for the update and thanks again for the pick up! :beer:

I don't suppose you could throw some shrubberies back there, make a neat portable waterscape? :grin:

MiltonFine

The title is finally in, and it's time to go get the beast. Pick up will be next Friday or Saturday afternoon with a projected ETA at home base sometime Sunday afternoon/evening. I'm excited, but at the same time incredibly nervous, mostly because I'm going to stumble a bit before I get the shifter down.

Thanks again Adam for your patience. I am anxious to get the chance to meet you next weekend and pick up the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks