• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 tailgate value

I am thinking about listing my extra M37 tailgate on Ebay.​
This tailgate is in very nice shape and is tailgate only, it does not include the tool rack.​
What is the going rate for a M37 tailgates?​
Thanks,​
[FONT=&quot]Paddy[/FONT]

majorhitt

That would depend on what your version of real nice shape is . Look and compare the shape and price on Ebay or other listing service to what yours is like. Then price accordingly.

ICSmoke

bump,

surfing craigslist I found a guy with some M37 parts. He said he had a tailgate but wants 250 for it. I requested a photo but havent heard from him.

This seems quite high but Im not sure..... any input?

PS
anyone have a photo of a tailgate and hinge brackets? my M37 had a bumper and short bed extension for a slide in water tank (ex fire rig)

THanks!!!

jollyroger

I put up pics in your tailgate and bumper post.

I heard a while back that Vintage Power Wagons was about the only "supplier" that had tailgates and they are getting $550. I have not checked on that directly to confirm.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I paid $550 for a new one for the gun truck project. On the other end, I have one that is really beat up and has some very poor rewelding done to it that I can't sell for $50. Perhaps if I relist at $20 I might have a couple bites. If you find a good used one, I'd shoot somewhere in the middle of that range.

TIGERFANS2

I paid $550 for a new one for the gun truck project. On the other end, I have one that is really beat up and has some very poor rewelding done to it that I can't sell for $50. Perhaps if I relist at $20 I might have a couple bites. If you find a good used one, I'd shoot somewhere in the middle of that range.
I'd try listing it for $100.00 first.... you never know......

kdaniels

I posted this pic about 6 or 7 yrs ago for a NOS tailgate I have. Was asking $600 I think. You would thought I had bad mouthed the Commandant. Price will vary with what kind of project you are looking to do. A show truck will need a better tailgate which is more $$$ or body work, a trail truck can get by with anything serviceable. IMHO.

Semper Fi !!

keithpitures 1011.jpgpitures 1012.jpg

kdaniels

Roger that...I've got a NOS right door, haven't seen and drivers door in a long time.. but I've also got a couple of parts trucks. Let me check the condition on those the first of the week.

Semper Fi..

keith

Gaud0421

Vintage Dodge is out of tail gate ,right now they're working on mass production of the tail gate but have not come up with a working prototype yet.

kdaniels

There was a guy a number of years back (2008 ?) that was doing sheet metal for jeeps and some other stuff like the M37 tailgates. I can't remember his name but I talked with him @ Aberdeen one year when he did a few prototype tailgates. I later learned he had died before he could refine his effort. Some on this forum with sharper memories than myself will remember his name. The problem is the tooling to reproduce an item with a once in a blue moon customer is NOT CHEAP and the quality content of the steel (pre B1 model) is not available to us today. My parts truck tailgates are beyond salvage, as they have been modified by fire dept's and would require extensive (expensive) refurb.

SEMPER FI !!

keith

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vintage Dodge is out of tail gate ,right now they're working on mass production of the tail gate but have not come up with a working prototype yet.
From what I was told, they sold the tooling for the tailgate so they could be made by another party. The tooling was returned to them due to low quality issues of the tooling. If they start building tailgates themselves, I would be very cautious of them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks