• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Truck bed liner

1986Blazerk5

I want to put a bed liner in my CUCV M1009, i am wondering what your experiences are with different brands. post pics, and opinions, and overall experiences.

I have been looking at Rust-oleum bed coating it is less than $50 for a 1 gallon can.

papakb

bedliners

I've used the Herculiner kits available at most auto parts stores to line the insides of a couple of trailers and the interior of my 151. The kits come with everything you need and make sure to wear the gloves as the stuff does not come off of your hands easily.

The finish can be either smooth or coarse depending on how you apply it but it leaves a tough durable surface that will keep water from wicking in between panels and destroying them.

The kits cost about $90 retail but go on sale ofetn for as low as $60.

I've read that the Rustoleum product has some problems which I find unusual for a well known quality product line but don't have any experience with it.

Kurt Lesser

Flyingvan911

My research shows Herculiner to be the best for do-it-yourself. I plan to put some on the rocker panels and wheel wells of my van and in the bed and cab of my deuce.

Maverick1701

I used Hercliner and did the interior of my 96 F350 CC. It looked good and was easy/simple to apply...here are some pics...

also I bought 2 gallons but only used 1 gallon for the entire floor of my cab (2 really thick coats w/a bit left over)

-Chris

assuming I uploaded them correctly it should be

prep pic (sanding)
coat 1
coat 1
coat 2
everything installed (job done)

Attachments

Last edited:

1986Blazerk5

I used Hercliner and did the interior of my 96 F350 CC. It looked good and was easy/simple to apply...here are some pics...

also I bought 2 gallons but only used 1 gallon for the entire floor of my cab (2 really thick coats w/a bit left over)

-Chris

assuming I uploaded them correctly it should be

prep pic (sanding)
coat 1
coat 1
coat 2
everything installed (job done)
Thats looks good, i know people that have done the same thing, but in a jeep

kennys@wi.rr.com

I want to use this in the bed of my deuce. The problem is that my floor is rough and rusty. Can I go right ower the top of that or should I consider sand blasting it out first?

Maverick1701

I want to use this in the bed of my deuce. The problem is that my floor is rough and rusty. Can I go right ower the top of that or should I consider sand blasting it out first?
It wont go down over rust IIRC

My deuce bed also has some srust and what I cant take off w/a sander I am going to leave and coat the whole bed w/Rustolem red Rust inhibitor primer and that should stop rust and create a sticky surface for the herculiner to bond to/with

ICSmoke

I would stay away from Herculiner and other roll on applications. I have found a DIY spray on bed liner that is supposed to be comparable with Rhinoliner and Line-x.

I found a product by the name of Al's Liner alsliner.com that has turned out to be a great product
quite a few guys on cumminsforum.com have used Al's liner with great success!

here is a link to my thread, a lot of reading but there are quite a few photos a couple pages in.

Al's Liner DIY Spray In BEDLINER kit.... - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

Eventually I will be doing the side of my 2006 ram (rocker panels) but for now here are a couple photos of my toolbox in the bed of the truck along with the boxes I put on the sides of my gooseneck, and a stand for a strobe light for plowing.

**Note the texture of the material can be controlled from the gun** I used a thicker clump since the boxes will be used and abused

Attachments

Last edited:

deuce_09

I used herculiner in my scout a good while back. I wouldn't recommend it. My buddy used this stuff called raptor liner. Stuff is comparable to line -x. Looked great( alot better and durable than herculiner).herculiner looks more like shreded rubber mixed with undercoating.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks