• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spicer 3053 Transmission?

spicergear

We have a 'Quote,' ' "MQ" ,' 'Q/R,' and 'Thank,' buttons...I think pretty soon we'll need to a 'BS' button. <-- regarding the post about 7 posts up.

Also, some trannies still labeled 3052 been rebuilt to 3053 specs. Don't know why the case tag wasn't changed but I, personally, have seen it twice.

bearboley

My 77 m35a2 had the strait 3053 in it at first but it decided it was retired. I replaced it with a B model trans. From Internet searches I knew the ratios where different and it was in my mind during the swap, but in real world driving I could not tell any difference in the two.

nathantc409

The 3053 transmissions had overdrive ratio options as follows: .085, .079, .071, .069, .066. We still build them here at M Series Rebuild as high as .069. The extra 3% gained by the .066 is very slight & almost pointless.
reviving a super dead post.
I would love to know the part numbers needed for the .66 OD gears in the spicer 3053a. Didn't see anyway to direct message you on here so i had to wake up this dead post.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
25 years ago I had a set of Rockwell drop-ins for the duece in 5.20:1 ratio.

Long gone, but they do (did) exist.

Maybe that is what you have reference road speed/speedo difference.

Dennis

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks