• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Off-Grid M109A3 w/w log

wsucougarx

Repainted truck and sealed the roof.

Well...what started out as just seal a couple spots turned into re-sealing the entire roof...that lead to retouching a couple spots....that lead to well.....repainting the entire truck:???:. After everything was said and done, I rethought what I did. I really should have waited until next spring to have repainted her. Oh well, what's done is done. Now it's time to re-stencil everything.

Attachments

wsucougarx

Sorry, no updates just yet. I still have big plans for her. Darn 5 tons have taken up all my time. Unfortunately, I've got a M35A2C w/w that will need new paint this summer. Looks like that'll take up my time this year.

Okiefromwatonga

I found a handy way to avoid kinking copper lines when bending, just fill with fine sand (clean very carefully afterwards of course). I did this when I re-arranged my RV's propane lines and was able to do some really tight bends. I just taped up one end then used a small funnel to get the sand in, tapped a lot to get it completely full, then tape the other end. You can get pretty violent without worrying about a kink.
Just like they did in the original Flight of the Phoenix movie

Jeepsinker

Never saw the paint posts before. It does really look great. I noticed he never said which paint he used though. I'm just curious because the shades of each color came out perfect.

Jeepsinker

Gotcha. Like I said, it looks great. I'm happy with mine, though the colors are just a hair darker than they should have been. It is tough paint though, and hasn't faded at all yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks