• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Second Bi-Annual TX MV Rally

nofearnohope

Here is the latest list:

nofearnohope
Dr_Kaiser
niferous
fuzzytoaster
OL AG '89
runk
David_4x4
two.fiveM35
Barrman
wehring (?)
M813rc (?)
M813rc g/f
txdodge43man
jschaaf

This gives us 13 people if everyone shows up, which makes each person's share $31 for the park rental.

bambambam22

I would love to come can you give me more information about the location. Like where is it at? I am in Amarillo Texas. Even if I can not make it I will pay my part so that I can support it so it will be there the next time so I have a place to go. Tell me the perticulars of who to pay and more information onf where it is at and what I need to know to be prepaired for if I can come, what to bring, what I am going to need, ect. keeping in mind I have never been before. Thanks Rick

Barrman

Here is the park website:
Hours & Locations

What to bring is really up to you. My son and I slept in the bed of my M35 in March, cooked our own meals and used the rest room/shower on site. Drive a car, throw up a tent and run to town for meals if you want. "town" by the way is Bryan/College Station. Home to Texas A&M (WHOOP!) and just about any store you might think you need. Figure 3-5 miles depending on what you are looking for.

bambambam22

Can I get a littel help on a Hwy or an address or FM road or some way to find where to go? I ahve never been there so I ahve no idea where in Bryan/Colege Station is is. I can find the town but where do I go from there? I am not 100% sure I can come but plan to bring wife two boys and self. But ther way I'll pay my part to support the cause so it will be there when I can come. I'll drive the M820/M813 4 door clone and the M109 if I have it finnished as a camper. I have a military command tent I'll bring if I can make it if it is wanted. I also have a 30kw gen with Quiet kit that can come if it would be useful. I will know if I can make it sometime around Sept 1st-15th but at the moment it looks good.

runk

Amarillo, TX to Unknown road - Google Maps

Google directions from Amarillo.

West side of Texas 47, just north of W. Villa Maria Rd.

Entrance is at the cross over. You can see the camphouse and some of the trails in the satellite photos.

I want to see how close to the Brazos (that is the river there right ?) we can get without getting really stuck !

reloader64

I will do my best to make it with my M35A2. My work situation has gotten more steady in the last few weeks, so that shouldn't be an issue. I will definitely be looking forward to it.

Scott

nofearnohope

bambambam22, we had plenty of people last time and more than enough people have already signed up to ensure that this will keep happening every 6 months or so. Feel free to bring anything you can/want. We realize people's work schedules change so letting me know sometime in September will be plenty early enough.

Barrman

We don't get to go all the way to the Brazos. Close, but not all the way.

From Amarillo, take 287 to Ft. Worth. I-35W South to Waco. Hwy 6 South to FM2818. Then, Villa Maria West to TX47. Turn North on the feeder and at the first cross over, drive up to the gate. Figure 8 hours in a normal vehicle and a whole lot more in a military truck.

Maverick1701

pencil me in (also my G/F)
i will have to ask my Sheriff about it....i have every other weekend off so I have a 50/50 shot lol

Any of you Amarillo guys want to convy down there? i live right on hwy287 about 1.5hr south-east of amarillo

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I can arrange work and the like, more importantly, will the truck be ready in 3 months?

The whole of August is too hot for me to work outside that's for sure. I've got at least one seriously unbalanced tire and no idea how to figure out which one it is. They are 16.00x20's on goodyear split-ring rims, big heavy stuff.

I've thought about putting it on jackstands and running it to see which tire is wobbly, but that does not seem very safe.

Who knows what they are doing and can check these things for balance in Dallas? Pitches like a mule at 20-30MPH. heck I'd pay good money for that to be fixed!

Maverick1701

Can someone tell me where I can poast this message or jsut do it for me please
Message as follows:

This was moved to calssifieds/for sale/vehicles. It ought to have been posted there or in its own topic and not in the middle of this thread.
i would think that should be posted in its own thread.
Its not really related to the Tx rally...but it is in texas

Last edited by a moderator:

nofearnohope

OPCOM, I have talked to the local (Bryan) Goodyear/Wingfoot dealership and they have been very helpful, plus I know they have guys that can come to you to do a lot of the work. If you can't get the truck ready, feel free to come on down anyways to meet up with us and hang out.

nofearnohope

Mudstone, so far you are the only one coming from OK, but you may be able to meet up in the Dallas/Ft Worth area with the two guys coming from Amarillo and anyone coming from DFW area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks