• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Second Bi-Annual TX MV Rally

nofearnohope

19 people so far. Can everyone fill in what vehicle(s), trailers, etc they are planning on bringing so we'll all have an idea of what all will be here this time?

nofearnohope - M35A2
Dr_Kaiser
niferous
fuzzytoaster
OL AG '89
runk
David_4x4
two.fiveM35
Barrman
wehring (?)
M813rc (?)
M813rc g/f
txdodge43man
jschaaf
bambambam22
reloader64
Maverick1701 (?)
OPCOM (?)
Mudstone
blacktop_one

Maverick1701

19 people so far. Can everyone fill in what vehicle(s), trailers, etc they are planning on bringing so we'll all have an idea of what all will be here this time?

nofearnohope - M35A2
Dr_Kaiser
niferous
fuzzytoaster
OL AG '89
runk
David_4x4
two.fiveM35
Barrman
wehring (?)
M813rc (?)
M813rc g/f
txdodge43man
jschaaf
bambambam22
reloader64
Maverick1701 (?)
OPCOM (?)
Mudstone
blacktop_one

maverick1701 - M35A2 w/w (no trailer)
also maverick1701 g/f

this is still assuming that it works out w/the work schedule

Last edited:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OPCOM, I have talked to the local (Bryan) Goodyear/Wingfoot dealership and they have been very helpful, plus I know they have guys that can come to you to do a lot of the work. If you can't get the truck ready, feel free to come on down anyways to meet up with us and hang out.
Thanks! What is the contact information there?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With little cars, the first question with inbalance is hands or rear end ? When the shaking starts, do you feel it through the steering wheel or the seat first, which helps figure out front or rear. There has been a lot of discussion about tire balance recently in this thread-
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-up/55502-reasons-not-get-m916.html
mostly pages 4,5 & 6.
I do not feel this in the wheel. At first, there was a cupped tire on the front and I did not notice the tire's appearance.

I exchanged it for the spare which was decent and it did not do very much.

The big issue is occurring in the seat. The action is compressing and decompressing my spine like a concertina.

It is almost as if the tire has a weight in it.. that sounds silly but it starts to be noticable at low speeds like 10-15, is crazy at 20-30, then settles down and at 55 you can feel it but not painfully. I am sure this is not good for the truck. I would bet some part of the suspension is taking the brunt of it at highway speeds.

It is severe enough I don't think some beads are going to fix it the right way, but what do i know. It has inner tubes.

Barrman

I will have the M35A2, a flat bed trailer and the M715 for sure. My wife might drive the M1009 over depending on the weather and her mood at the time. Of course, if it looks like rain. I might bring the 1009 instead of the convertible M715.

nofearnohope

nofearnohope - M35A2 w/0w
Dr_Kaiser
niferous
fuzzytoaster
OL AG '89
runk - M35A2 w/w
David_4x4 - M151A1
two.fiveM35
Barrman - M35A2, M715, M1009
wehring (?) - big, green and smelly
M813rc (?)
M813rc g/f
txdodge43man
jschaaf
bambambam22
reloader64
Maverick1701 (?) - M35A2 w/w
OPCOM (?)
Mudstone
blacktop_one
pistolnut - M715

two.fiveM35

I'll be there with the M35A2, and M105A2 if I spend the night.:beer:. I will drive up early Saturday morning. If any of you guys are heading out 290, maybe we can" have us a convoy"

Last edited:

runk

The big issue is occurring in the seat. The action is compressing and decompressing my spine like a concertina.

It is almost as if the tire has a weight in it.. that sounds silly but it starts to be noticable at low speeds like 10-15, is crazy at 20-30, then settles down and at 55 you can feel it but not painfully. I am sure this is not good for the truck. I would bet some part of the suspension is taking the brunt of it at highway speeds.
Sounds like it's one of the rears.

This is probably a stupid question, but did you make sure the tires were dry inside when you mounted them ? My 11.00x20's were full of water, more then 2 gallons in one! They all had good flaps and tubes, and looked as though you could just slap them on, no indication there was water in them just rolling them around. I was waffling on whether I needed to pull out the tubes and flaps (which was a pain) and clean them out, until I accidentally dropped one its side and water poured out between the tire and tube/flap.

runk

I'll be there with the M35A2, and M105A2 if I spend the night.:beer:. I will drive up early Saturday morning. If any of you guys are heading out 290, maybe we can" have us a convoy"
My plan as well, heading up from downtown. What's your definition of early ? Mine's 08:00 :cool:... I would be willing to drag my a** out of bed early enough to meet up along 290 about then.

OL AG '89

Do we ALL realize this is OPENING weekend....... ???????:p
I'm still planning on being there, will have to check the "other" band of friends.....
We typically skip OPENING weekend, because its OPENING weekend......
I prefer the drunk hunters :beer: to be done prior to my arrival in the AO......

Anyway.....
Bringing M1009 on trailer..... yea I know, WIMP!!! but prefer the long trip in the 3500 GMC with air/heat and cushy seats, stereo, entertainment system....
I did my "miserable seat time" while in, my butt cheeks are no longer "rock hard" like my abs.......
beside the 3500 has 139 gallon fuel capacity with extra transfer tank...... should be enough for the weekend of riding....
Also can carry the air compressor, tool boxes, jacks, jack stands, extra tires/wheels, spare parts,cooler, BBQ pit, shotguns, rifles....... bazooka.... probably leave that at mother in laws....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks