• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Second Bi-Annual TX MV Rally

nofearnohope

Cell phone reception out there at the ranch is pretty good. In a couple of the pictures from the March rally, you can see me standing there on my phone and we are towards the back of the property.

nofearnohope

Just got an email from the owner of the property regarding RV/camper hookups. He said they do not have any right now, but is working with a contractor to get a few installed. He does not know if they will be finished by the time we get out there. As mentioned before though, the main building has restroom and shower facilities.

Barrman

Scott,
When you start as a fish at A&M, you are put into a class. I started in the fall of '87. That makes me class of '90. Very few people finish in the year of their class, if at all. Have you noticed that all the Maroon and White stickers on cars say "Texas A&M Association of Former Students"? You just have to start there, not finish to be part of a class. We don't have alumni. Just former students. So, just the year will be sufficient.

I was actually thinking of our LSMVPA shirts in either green or tan with something about the Rally on the back. That way, we can wear them to other events such as Temple. I don't have a picture of our shirts though. Anybody have one?

nofearnohope

We have the large meeting room reserved at C&J's BBQ which will seat 300 people. We have too many signed up already for the smaller room we had last time. The only drawback is it increases our cost for the weekend by $50, bringing the total to $450 instead of $400. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this.

Maverick1701

sounds good. Who, where do I pay? (on edit, ill bet the answer is somewhere in the thread...Ill look before asking)

Also when yall decide on the dallas convoy, keep us posted.
i know a few of us are convoying down from amarillo area and meeting up w/the big convoy

Mudstone

ok guys i might have a second coming with me... i would like to get some real detailed info as to the amenities available. My buddy might come and he's in a wheelchair so i already figured out how to ratchet strap him into the cucv. I need to figure out what is available... what the restrooms and showers are like. Grab bars etc.? anyone who is familiar please let me know how friendly the place is for someone who has no use of legs.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok guys i might have a second coming with me... i would like to get some real detailed info as to the amenities available. My buddy might come and he's in a wheelchair so i already figured out how to ratchet strap him into the cucv. I need to figure out what is available... what the restrooms and showers are like. Grab bars etc.? anyone who is familiar please let me know how friendly the place is for someone who has no use of legs.
The lodge is a high step off the ground if I remember right but didnt see a ramp, one may be improvised if asked I assume. The bathroom/shower is divided between men and womens (obviously) with one toilet/shower/sink in each room. If someone can provide more details as to grab bars and such that would be great but I didnt remember seeing any (not really paying detailed attention :x).

Barrman

Mudstone, the place is not ADA compliant. The restrooms are in an old house sitting on blocks that has been converted to a pair of huge restrooms and a large gathering area with a pot belly stove. I guess I should write pier and beam type antique house so it sounds better. I don't think the doors are wide enough for a chair to even get in, much less go room to room.

I don't mean to sound negative, just giving the facts. The place is an off road park meant for club use, so please don't think national park or even KOA style facilities. They are great for a group of dirty people just off the trails camping in their trucks. Which was the intent.

That help any? I don't think I have any pictures of the building itself from ground level. sorry.

Lots of rocks and such in the "yard"/parking area/group collection point. Just moving around outside of the vehicle might be a real challange.

wehring

yes but...

Barrman's description is accurate but I have never been to an event where we could not "make it happen" if a disabled parson wanted to participate. Tell him/her to come on and we will find a way.

Last month we safely shot MGs off the back of a 5 ton with a coworker with MS that has no grip strength. We found a way...

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Barrman

Justin is correct. We will find a way.

I just re read my post above and realized I was pretty negative. My thought was present the facts in such a way as the person traveling 400 miles in a CUCV would not have false hopes or ideas that were crushed upon arrival. I did that, but it might have been too much.

By all means, if your friend is up to it, bring him along. The people in this hobby are some of the nicest most innovtive people I have ever been around in my life. Give us a mission, and it will get done.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
anybody convoying from the killeen area?
Some of us are going to convoy from north of Austin, I'm sure we could work out a route to include you most of the way.
We usually travel together when we can since having 3-4 guys standing on the side of the road looking at a broken down truck (or for Sarge, putting out a burning truck) is always more fun than doing so alone! :)

Justin is correct. We will find a way. Give us a mission, and it will get done.
Several of us can get together to be a field expedient chair lift. Unless he and the chair are super heavy, we can, and will, wrassle it just about anywhere.

Cheers

OL AG '89

Camper needs 50Amp hook-up but if not I can bring the generator...... Not sure about the sewer hookup, guess if we dont eat very much we can just use onboard storage or the clubhouse breakroom....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks